Q - held cabins and late payment

yma86

Not sure if anyone can answer, but I can't ring P&O til monday...

I rang P&O yesterday and they held a cabin for me on a cruise leaving on the 29th, they said they could hold it for 48 hours and if payment was not received it would be released. The documents they sent me said final payment due 22 April, fair enough.

The problem I'm facing is that the only way I can find to make the payment is over the phone or by bank deposit. No way bank deposit will go in tomorrow, and their call centre is not open until Monday (23rd).

If they do not receive the payment tomorrow (which there is no way they will!) is it likely it will still be held until first thing Monday morning?

The ship is pretty well sold out now, except for an inside deck 4 cabin for >$250pp more than we booked :(

I'm not sure, but if it was me I would pay it now by bank transfer and send them an email saying it was paid and also on the email give them evidence eg a copy of the receiptfrom the transaction. Of course, phone them first thing on Monday morning. Good luck - hope you make it OK. :)

Not sure if anyone can answer, but I can't ring P&O til monday...

I rang P&O yesterday and they held a cabin for me on a cruise leaving on the 29th, they said they could hold it for 48 hours and if payment was not received it would be released. The documents they sent me said final payment due 22 April, fair enough.

The problem I'm facing is that the only way I can find to make the payment is over the phone or by bank deposit. No way bank deposit will go in tomorrow, and their call centre is not open until Monday (23rd).

If they do not receive the payment tomorrow (which there is no way they will!) is it likely it will still be held until first thing Monday morning?

The ship is pretty well sold out now, except for an inside deck 4 cabin for >$250pp more than we booked :(

You could also ring them on Monday and pay via credit card.

You could also ring them on Monday and pay via credit card.

That's what I was planning to do, I am just unsure whether the cabin will still be held by then, given that the documents they sent me tell be the deposit is due tomorrow

If you wanted to pay by credit card and have no alternative to pay earlier, just keep an eye on the booking site tomorrow to see if it's been electronically released. I expect you'll be fine to wait, but at least in the worst case you can just place a new booking to recover it.

We once had this type of problem with P&O. We were in NZ buying an NZ advertised fare last minute. P&O wouldn't talke our credit-card because they couldn't bill in NZ dollars (we were okay with an AUD charge for a similar amount - but P&O wouldn't accommodate this). We too faced a 48 hour payment into their bank account that in reality was not possible.

Anyway, there was no problem in the end. We just phoned to remind them on the final day that their payment requirement was in fact impossible to comply with and they granted an extension.

Archived