Question for islandstar

1gail1

I have seen you answer many questions on here so I am hoping you can help me out as well. I see that there are two spice markets one at grand anse beach by lazy days beach and umbrella's beach and one by the cruise port past the tunnel. Is there a difference in prices and quality of the spices? which place would you recommend? Do you like one more then the other?

Thanks for any input

Gail

I have seen you answer many questions on here so I am hoping you can help me out as well. I see that there are two spice markets one at grand anse beach by lazy days beach and umbrella's beach and one by the cruise port past the tunnel. Is there a difference in prices and quality of the spices? which place would you recommend? Do you like one more then the other?

Thanks for any input

Gail

Hi there

Spices are generally produced by the vendors that sell them so I have no real preference between the two markets. The market in town is right by the ship which means should you need more money to buy up all our supplies :) you can easily get more - lol. Quality should be as good in each - suggest you stroll the market before choosing. I tend to buy in town simply as it is mixed in with my other shopping. Hope you have a wonderful day on our beautiful island.

Hi there

Spices are generally produced by the vendors that sell them so I have no real preference between the two markets. The market in town is right by the ship which means should you need more money to buy up all our supplies :) you can easily get more - lol. Quality should be as good in each - suggest you stroll the market before choosing. I tend to buy in town simply as it is mixed in with my other shopping. Hope you have a wonderful day on our beautiful island.

Thank you IslandStar for you comments, I think we may just head into town and take a look around and then head on over to the beach. I know Lazy days and umbrella beach have been mentioned a lot, is there a special beach you prefer?

Thank you IslandStar for you comments, I think we may just head into town and take a look around and then head on over to the beach. I know Lazy days and umbrella beach have been mentioned a lot, is there a special beach you prefer?

I have many favourites as we have about 45 but the one all the cruise ship folk go to is Grand Anse which is where Lazy Days and Umbrellas are. Umbrellas is about 15 minute walk from the dock while lazy days is about 5. sand in front of both is lovely.

• 1 month later...

Wednesday Blessings Island Star...

Was wondering what would be a day trip from 1p -8p for 3 adults 2 kids...

(13 & 15)

would love an open jeep type excursions...

Must buy some awesome spices.... the more the better. :D

Thanks you

Cathy

Wednesday Blessings Island Star...

Was wondering what would be a day trip from 1p -8p for 3 adults 2 kids...

(13 & 15)

would love an open jeep type excursions...

Must buy some awesome spices.... the more the better. :D

Thanks you

Cathy

Morning, I would suggest you contact Johanna at Sunsation Tours http://grenadasunsation.com and ask her about a BYO (Build Your Own) tour for the day. That way you would be able to pack in all the things you want to :-)

If you wanted a land and sea I would highly recommend Johanna for the land bit and http://grenadaseafaris.com for the water. They so a 2.5hr powerboat adventure suitable for all ages and provide more information on the island from a marine perspective. I think you can book them through Johanna too

Whatever you choose I wish you a wonderful day on our beautiful spicy island :cool:

[url=http://grenadaseafaris.com][/url]

• 2 weeks later...

IslandStar: Do you have any suggestions re: vendors in the Market near Lazy Days Beach? Thinking of going to that Market for spices and chocolate after beaching, but would like to know that we are working with a reputable vendor. Can you also let me know what time that Market is open?

IslandStar: Do you have any suggestions re: vendors in the Market near Lazy Days Beach? Thinking of going to that Market for spices and chocolate after beaching, but would like to know that we are working with a reputable vendor. Can you also let me know what time that Market is open?

Sorry I didn't see this one. The market on the beach is open when ships are in usually from 10-3 I think but I cant say for sure as don't often go there myself. All our vendors have to be licensed with the Grenada Tourism Authority though and usually have a tag to prove it. The beach vendors who aren't licensed are just trying to make a living and often cant afford the license fees (we have no social security). They usually source their products from their own gardens. I buy from these guys and ladies usually as opposed to from the market. Check the quality of what they are offering you and there is no charge to look and people dont tend to get offended if you say no. Chocolate I buy from the supermarket close to the cruise liner terminal.