Wait list for cruise

csk

I am on a wait list for a cruise, has anyone had experienced with this, and what are my chances. I waited too long to buy a cruise and now they are sold out.

It all depends on how close you are to sailing. Since you live in Florida I am assuming you are looking at something in FLL. It also depends on where you are on the waitlist. Last time I waitlisted I never got it.

Adding to what Pam & Pia said keep in mind that each sailing is different. A person at the same place on the list as you and the same time from sailing may have made it or not some other time. That doesn't mean you will have the same result

I've waitlisted twice with Princess. My first time I was offered a cabin within 48 hours and had 24 hours to take it or leave it. The other time, I was never called. However, I was only interested in a balcony. If you leave yourself open to other categories, you might do better. Good luck.

It is for the Grand Jan 21st out of Ft Lauderdale, we have friends on the sailing and have tried to book for a couple of months but nothing seems to open up, we left the option of any available cabin except a suite, out of our price range, just was wondering and we will just have to wait , thanks for everyones input.

It is for the Grand Jan 21st out of Ft Lauderdale, we have friends on the sailing and have tried to book for a couple of months but nothing seems to open up, we left the option of any available cabin except a suite, out of our price range, just was wondering and we will just have to wait , thanks for everyones input.

Do you know where you are on the waitlist?

If that is the Grand sailing for 2013 Jan 21st South American Cruise, then the wait list was closed some time ago, at over 500.

There has been an odd time when some have seen a cabin available on the Princess site but have had to grab it there and then for segments of the cruise. (These seem to by pass the wait list).

Only time will tell how many will not pay up come the final payment date, when there may be some cabins that become available if the people currently wait listed don't get to them first.

Good luck.

Emerald is sold out for the next few departures. I know the Jan 7 voyage sold out just after final payment. Two weeks ago my TA informed me that anyone who wished to go on the wait list would have to put down a deposit.

I'm with a group. We had a few people who went on the wait list just after the ship sold out and they all got cabins within a week or so. But after that it seems that very little has opened up.

For a 21/01/12 departure the pay up date past months ago . So if the waiting list is long down don't like your chances as the only cancellations from here on in are those who cannot go because of illness, beraevement etc .

Two weeks ago my TA informed me that anyone who wished to go on the wait list would have to put down a deposit.

It is standard Princess policy to require a deposit if being placed on a waitlist. And it will be the regular deposit amount. An FCC cannot be used.

If that is the Grand sailing for 2013 Jan 21st South American Cruise, then the wait list was closed some time ago, at over 500.

It is standard Princess policy to require a deposit if being placed on a waitlist. And it will be the regular deposit amount. An FCC cannot be used.

Now that is a lot of deposit money.

I am 18 on the waitlist, so I might have a chance, I am on list for any inside, oceanview or balcony, I had to put a $200 deposit which is refundable if not cleared or decline the cabin offered. Thanks everyone for your help, will just have to wait.

Now that is a lot of deposit money.

Not sure I understand your statement. What is a lot of money? A deposit is just that; a deposit. Everyone pays one. What difference does it make? If you don't clear the waitlist, you get your deposit back.

I am 18 on the waitlist, so I might have a chance, I am on list for any inside, oceanview or balcony, I had to put a $200 deposit which is refundable if not cleared or decline the cabin offered. Thanks everyone for your help, will just have to wait.

Your pretty fair up the list, so that is good. You were also smart to take any cabin other then a suite, so that's a plus too. I would keep calling Princess every few days and check to see if your moving up on the list. That might let you know better how you stand. Good luck.

Not sure I understand your statement. What is a lot of money? A deposit is just that; a deposit. Everyone pays one. What difference does it make? If you don't clear the waitlist, you get your deposit back.

Good point, but it just seemed excessive to collect money for 500 cabins that are not available and may already have a deposit from others. A total of $100K float. Good deal for Princess.

You do have a good point that you do get your money back, so it is just a cost of being on a waitlist.

There is always a chance. I just got a move over offer today and I am sailing on the Grand this Saturday. I couldn't take the offer, then I received a little upgrade. My guess is that there is no one absolute answer to the question.

Carole

Good point, but it just seemed excessive to collect money for 500 cabins that are not available and may already have a deposit from others. A total of $100K float. Good deal for Princess.

You do have a good point that you do get your money back, so it is just a cost of being on a waitlist.

I can see the point you make, but I feel that Princess have to take a deposit to make the system work. If they didn't, people could go on a waitlist for many cruises, maybe not intending to take most or any of them. Paying a deposit restricts the waitlist to those who are really interested. :)

There is always a chance. I just got a move over offer today and I am sailing on the Grand this Saturday.

A move over offer is made when there are not enough cabins available to satisfy the GTYs that have been booked. Princess has promised cabins to these people and is willing to spend money in the form of a move over offer to fill that promise.

A move over offer is not made to get someone on a waitlist onto the ship.

I can see the point you make, but I feel that Princess have to take a deposit to make the system work. If they didn't, people could go on a waitlist for many cruises, maybe not intending to take most or any of them. Paying a deposit restricts the waitlist to those who are really interested. :)

I totally agree with this statement. It is just like the folks with 20 or 30 FCC's who hold all the good cabins for themselves and for the most part have no intention of taking the cruise and will cancel and move their FCC to another cruise when final payment comes due. :(

I totally agree with this statement. It is just like the folks with 20 or 30 FCC's who hold all the good cabins for themselves and for the most part have no intention of taking the cruise and will cancel and move their FCC to another cruise when final payment comes due. :(

Who do you know that has 20 or 30 FCC's? The most I have ever had unused at one time is 8; I always have at least 6. But they are waiting for bookings, not on bookings actually made. I doubt there are many who would tie up 3G's in erroneous FCC's.

Who do you know that has 20 or 30 FCC's? The most I have ever had unused at one time is 8; I always have at least 6. But they are waiting for bookings, not on bookings actually made. I doubt there are many who would tie up 3G's in erroneous FCC's.

Originally Posted by PescadoAmarillo

We purchased $4000 in FCCs last year and no one batted an eye. We have learned, on Princess, no matter how much we believe that we are thinking "outside the box" with cruising, there is already a crowd of people out there who thinks the same way, and earlier than we did.

EddieCruzer: I guess it wouldn't surprise you to learn that we're booking still more FCCs this year? All $4000 is already applied, and I think we might add one or two of those California coastal cruises next Spring...

That is 40 cruises. Are they really going to go on all 40 cruises they have booked?? :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by PescadoAmarillo

We purchased $4000 in FCCs last year and no one batted an eye. We have learned, on Princess, no matter how much we believe that we are thinking "outside the box" with cruising, there is already a crowd of people out there who thinks the same way, and earlier than we did.

EddieCruzer: I guess it wouldn't surprise you to learn that we're booking still more FCCs this year? All $4000 is already applied, and I think we might add one or two of those California coastal cruises next Spring...

That is 40 cruises. Are they really going to go on all 40 cruises they have booked?? :rolleyes:

Then again, I have ZERO coastals.

Very unusual and highly speculative. I don't think Pescado has more cruises than I do, but I guess I might be wrong. :confused:

There is always a chance. I just got a move over offer today and I am sailing on the Grand this Saturday. I couldn't take the offer, then I received a little upgrade. My guess is that there is no one absolute answer to the question.

Carole

What is a move over? To another ship or another sailing date of this itineary? If you have made a deposit on a "waitlist" (2013) are you still entitled to get a FCC while on a cruise (2012)?

What is a move over? To another ship or another sailing date of this itineary? If you have made a deposit on a "waitlist" (2013) are you still entitled to get a FCC while on a cruise (2012)?

Moveover offers are made when they need cabins for all those guarantees. Moveover is usually for another date with an upgrade. Could or could not be same itinerary. They are generally flexible and discussable.

You can buy FCC's, as many as you desire, while on any Princess cruise. If your waitlist comes through and you have FCC's, they can be applied at that time.

Archived