Sea sickness tablets

Hi

Can someone advise a sea sickness tablet to take if I need them,would prefer one that does not effect too much when I drink alchol?

thanks wolf

I swear by Stugeron although like many other medicatons I think you're not supposed to drink (much?) with them. They are available over the counter from Boots. Some people say they make them drowsy but I don't find that - I do have a couple of drinks in the evening after taking one with no ill effects (so far!)

The main thing with this medication is that you have to take it a couple of hours before you're likely to be ill - so I always listen for the Capt's announcement prior to sailing when he will often tell you whether he expects a smooth crossing or not (although I think they tend to underestimate the swell imo! :rolleyes: )- or look out to sea for choppy waters and if I have any concerns just take one tablet as a precaution.

I think other travellers have positive results with other drugs but I can't remember which ones - no doubt they'll chip in with their recommendations too.

I find Kwells or Boots own version (Travel Calm) very good. You can take them at any time. Once felt terrible and it was formal night, OH had forgotten his white shirt and bought one on board, so really had to go :rolleyes: Took 2 tablets and was fine within half an hour :)

Hi

Can someone advise a sea sickness tablet to take if I need them,would prefer one that does not effect too much when I drink alchol?

thanks wolf

Not that Ive suffered from it but with the ones who have who I have travelled with I'm assured the last thing you would personally want

is an alcoholic drink. :( Fizzy drinks just make things worse as well .:eek:

You could try them Sea Bands you put on your wrist (some say they are brill) Failing them as other posters have put try Boots own brand .

Last cruise was in a force 9 the Mrs went from green and dying to happy in less than 30 minutes. :) So I've seen them work .:cool:

Archived