Question about Canadian travel insurance

Lessa123

I am doing some research and every policy I find includes medical. We don't need travel medical coverage, my husband has it through his job. I am really only looking for Cancellation/Interruption coverage. Is that a thing or are we going to have to pay for the medical as well. Anyone have any suggestions on who would carry what we need? HELP?

I am doing some research and every policy I find includes medical. We don't need travel medical coverage, my husband has it through his job. I am really only looking for Cancellation/Interruption coverage. Is that a thing or are we going to have to pay for the medical as well. Anyone have any suggestions on who would carry what we need? HELP?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The vast majority of your premium is going to go to the trip cancellation and trip interruption benefits. If their pricing is anything like US insurers all of the other benefits (medical, evacuation, trip delay, etc) will probably be about $25 - $40 (depending on your age) of the total premium. Sure, you don't want to pay for benefits you don't need but it's probably not much. Ask the insurer what the premium would be without any tripcancellation/interruption benefit and that amount will be what you're paying for all the additional benefits.

http://www.travelproservices.com/ca.htm