Tere Moana's

Giskard

Anyone booked any of next summer's Europe cruises? We are planning our late June/July Europe trip for next year. I don't think we will splurge on the Tere Moana but wondered what peoples thoughts were. We are planning an extensive land/cruise (cruise for Greek islands/Turkey as we don't want to do land based there) so time and budget will be factors. Plus this is our son's graduation trip (high school not college) so will have an almost 19 yr old with us. There is a great Croatian itinerary (which we went over with Captain Zupan) but don't want to do that one as we will be doing Croatia as part of the land trip to at least revisit our ancestral home on the island of Vis. I'm actually researching other small cruise lines too.

Welcome any thoughts....

Thanks

Deb

Hi Deb,

Would suggest you post this on the Europe board - you will reach a wider audience of people though I am sure PG cruisers are well travelled and have been to those areas.

Emdee

Yes, good suggestion I have been lurking in the Europe boards but haven't posted there yet. This post was to mainly to see if anyone has booked the Tere Moana and see what peoples thoughts are.

Guess really though there won't be much information on it until it does its Maiden Voyage :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the first two trips from Venice to Athens and Athens to Istanbul. My concern is that PG still does not have excursions or extensions posted even for the Panama Canal trip in December. I am wondering if they are waiting to fill the ship before posting which makes me concerned that they aren't filling the small ship.

We have been on PG one other time to FP and loved it. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and the no huge bill at the end. Love the price for value.

The first few cruises are sold out and it looks like they still intend to charter it out to Tauck as they did in the past so I am not concerned about it filling out.

I have been advised that the excursions will be out in October and also that they will have some customized excursions.

Now a TA on a small ship is another story.

The first few cruises are sold out and it looks like they still intend to charter it out to Tauck as they did in the past so I am not concerned about it filling out.

I have been advised that the excursions will be out in October and also that they will have some customized excursions.

Now a TA on a small ship is another story.

I am going to show my ignorance....what is a TA? I just thought it meant travel agent but it seems to also indicate something else. Thanks.

We have taken Tauck's Panama Canal cruise on this ship (when it was Le Levant). It was generally fine in the Pacific. There was only one rough night. However, a short cruise in the Pacific is a far cry from taking it Trans-Atlantic.

I would highly recommend a small ship for the Panama Canal.

I am on the Maiden Voyage so intend to write a report.

My agent is going on a shakedown cruise in early december so hopefully some reports will come in.

I am also on the Maiden and then the 14day Voyage. Will also file some reports as we go

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Anyone booked any of next summer's Europe cruises? We are planning our late June/July Europe trip for next year. I don't think we will splurge on the Tere Moana but wondered what peoples thoughts were. We are planning an extensive land/cruise (cruise for Greek islands/Turkey as we don't want to do land based there) so time and budget will be factors. Plus this is our son's graduation trip (high school not college) so will have an almost 19 yr old with us. There is a great Croatian itinerary (which we went over with Captain Zupan) but don't want to do that one as we will be doing Croatia as part of the land trip to at least revisit our ancestral home on the island of Vis. I'm actually researching other small cruise lines too.

Welcome any thoughts....

Thanks

Deb

We had such a great time, even with some of the hickups, on the first 21 day cruise BB, we just booked the June 29th Venice/Croatia 7 day cruse. staying a few day before and after in Venice.

Mike

Mike

Archived