Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old February 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Honeymoon/ upgrade of room

Hello all

Having booked a honeymoon cruise to dubai this year, I was originally booked to a stateroom with balcony on deck 7 E3, room no unknown at that point. Now having gone on rcl website I have been assigned room 8166 on deck 8, E1, at the aft of the vessel, question is what is the difference if any as I can't find any after doing a bit of research, also it states that there is an joining room, 8164, will someone else be assigned this room? Also is there any perks on a rcl ship whilst on honeymoon ??? The ship is the serenade of the seas.

Regards

Beansy57

Old February 24th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

The difference between rooms in the "E" category is mostly location.

Of course they will sell the adjoining room.

There won´t be any perks for being on your honeymoon. Almost everybody onboard will celebrate something like anniversaries, birthdays, divorces, honeymoons....., so the only thing they will do for you is whatever you pay for.

There might be a honeymooners get together, so check the cruise compass if interested, but that´s likely the furthest they will go.

Old February 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

If RCI know that you are on honeymoon then yes there will be 'perks'. At least there were some for us 6 years ago ! We got a complimentary bottle of fizz and choc dipped strawberries when we embarked. A complimentary photo in a RCI picture frame. We also got other nibbles delivered to the room at various times throughout the cruise. I think it was similar to the romance package that you can purchase.
Enjoy your honeymoon

Vision of the Seas July 2009. 4 n. Baltics.

Navigator of the Seas June 9th 2013. 7 n. Eastern Med.

Serenade of the Seas June 4th 2014. 12n Med. Overnight in Venice.
Review here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081173

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

No extra perks for us on the freedom last year. You can order.champagne and chocolate covered strawberries from gifts and gear. And if you go to the honeymooners get together you get free champage (which we saw them at the bar filling the glasses halfway with champagne and topping them off with soda water), 1-2 chocolate covered strawberries and cake. They do raffle off some prizes and have music playing afterwards.

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Sounds like you booked a guarantee. If you are unhappy with the adjoining room and location - you can call to have your location changed, as long as you stay in the same category you were assigned there will not be an additional charge.

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

do NOT assume you will get ANYTHING that you yourself do not directly order/request.

yes the adjoining cabin will be sold. with both doors shut and locked between the cabins there should be minimal noise. placing a rolled towel along the bottom of the door should also help

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesCruising View Post
Sounds like you booked a guarantee. If you are unhappy with the adjoining room and location - you can call to have your location changed, as long as you stay in the same category you were assigned there will not be an additional charge.
The OP is from London which I assume is London UK.

AFAIK the rules about guarantees in the UK are different and a change of cabin is not possible without any additional charges.

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:18 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulxyz2004 View Post
the difference between rooms in the "e" category is mostly location.

Of course they will sell the adjoining room.

There won´t be any perks for being on your honeymoon. Almost everybody onboard will celebrate something like anniversaries, birthdays, divorces , honeymoons....., so the only thing they will do for you is whatever you pay for.

There might be a honeymooners get together, so check the cruise compass if interested, but that´s likely the furthest they will go.
funny

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Location: South Florida (previously lived in NYC, Washington DC, Israel, Cuba, Uruguay, & NJ)

I haven't looked exactly where you are now assigned, but be glad they moved you up a deck. The trouble with the Radiance Class ships, which include the Serenade is that many Deck 7 balcony cabins, although they do not call them obstructed, to me they are. If you do a google search, you will see many people are upset with their Deck 7 balconies, where they (and we too experienced this on our first Jewel balcony), cannot see down to the water due to the large white overhang covering the lifeboats. I would never ever ever book a deck 7 balcony unless I know for sure that its either on the hump or in the small section of cabins that do not have the lifeboats below. If you are sitting and looking afar, it is fine.

The world is not going to come to you. The sooner you realize this, the more time you'll have to pack. Get out there!

Upcoming Sailings
I have no cruise control; it's like the cruises book themselves
11/6/2014 - Regal Princess - U.S. Inaugural (Inside) Princess virgins
4/6/2015 - Rhapsody - Queensland (JS) BOGOHO precruise to Sydney, Adelaide, McLaren Vale & Barossa wineries, Melbourne and Kangaroo Island
9/18/2015 - Brilliance OTS - 9 night New England/Canada (corner aft) BOGOHO

Upcoming Business land based
October - Mexico
November - Mexico

Past Cruise History
RCI - Enchantment 2X, Navigator 2X, Mariner; Grandeur, Jewels 2X, Majesty 6X, Allure 2X, Oasis 2X, Radiance, Liberty 6X, Independence, Monarch, Serenade 2x, Legend, Adventure
Celebrity - Reflection, Constellation, Infinity
Carnival - Glory; Destiny; Celebration
Disney - Disney Dream
Other Travel History
North America (includes Central & Caribbean): United States (45 of 50 states plus DC & PR), Canada (5 Provinces), Mexico (21 of 31 states) plus Mexico City, Jamaica, Haiti, Cuba (work related), Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Dominica, Belize, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, St. Kitts, Cayman
South America: Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil
Europe: Germany, France, Finland, Ireland, England, Scotland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Vatacin City, Austria, Greece
Africa: South Africa
Asia: China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, India, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Philippines, Korea, VietNam

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulxyz2004 View Post
The OP is from London which I assume is London UK.

AFAIK the rules about guarantees in the UK are different and a change of cabin is not possible without any additional charges.
So sorry, didn't realize OP from UK

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:27 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Cath View Post
If RCI know that you are on honeymoon then yes there will be 'perks'. At least there were some for us 6 years ago ! We got a complimentary bottle of fizz and choc dipped strawberries when we embarked. A complimentary photo in a RCI picture frame. We also got other nibbles delivered to the room at various times throughout the cruise. I think it was similar to the romance package that you can purchase.
Enjoy your honeymoon
There used to be free cakes for your birthday too, but alas, no more.

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Enjoy your honeymoon
Wow, that does sound like the romance package. It almost makes me wonder if, unbeknown to you, somebody bought the package for you. there should have been a card, but such things can be lost.

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Eyes View Post
Wow, that does sound like the romance package. It almost makes me wonder if, unbeknown to you, somebody bought the package for you. there should have been a card, but such things can be lost.
That's what I was thinking. We got a bottle of champagne once on a cruise and never did find out who sent it. Guessing maybe the TA but really don't know.

Old February 24th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

To all that replied

Thanks for the info re my honeymoon, seems if I do get any extras then I will be extremely lucky but I'm not holding out now !!!..... As a first time cruiser, seems the room I was allocated is a step up from deck 7 so I'm happy.

Beansy57

Old February 24th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Eyes View Post
no it was definitely a freebie from RCI. I am so certain because we had to fax a copy of or wedding invite to them to prove that we were getting married and would be on honeymoon. And yes there was a card ( which i still have somewhere) wishing us a happy honeymoon from RCI. On the last formal night the waiters serenaded us and gave both of us a desert with 'happy honeymoon' wrote in choc sauce !

Vision of the Seas July 2009. 4 n. Baltics.

Navigator of the Seas June 9th 2013. 7 n. Eastern Med.

Serenade of the Seas June 4th 2014. 12n Med. Overnight in Venice.
Review here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081173

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

We got three lots of choc dipped strawberries in addition to the cupcakes and canapés we ordered as part of the grand romance package.

DH likes choc dipped strawberries, but he said by the end he was sick of them.

Old February 24th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
no it was definitely a freebie from RCI. I am so certain because we had to fax a copy of or wedding invite to them to prove that we were getting married and would be on honeymoon. And yes there was a card ( which i still have somewhere) wishing us a happy honeymoon from RCI. On the last formal night the waiters serenaded us and gave both of us a desert with 'happy honeymoon' wrote in choc sauce !
Must be a freebie that they have done away with...I was on Serenade for my honeymoon in 2008 and received nothing special...there was a honeymooners party with cake and champagne, but it conflicted with the C&A welcome back party, so we only went to the very end of it.
Previous Cruises: Jewel of the Seas - East Caribbean - January 2014 * Brilliance of the Seas - West Caribbean - November 2013 * Vision of the Seas B2B - Baltics and Norwegian Fjords - May 2013 * Pride of America - Hawaii - March 2012 * Adventure of the Seas - South Caribbean - November 2011 * Jewel of the Seas - New England/Canada - October 2010 * Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Riviera - February 2010 * Liberty of the Seas - West Caribbean - November 2009 * Independence of the Seas - East Caribbean - February 2009 * Serenade of the Seas - South Caribbean -November 2008 * Empress of the Seas - Bermuda - October 2007 * Splendour of the Seas - France and Italy - October 2004 * Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas and Key West- March 2003

Up Next:

Old February 25th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride21 View Post
Must be a freebie that they have done away with...I was on Serenade for my honeymoon in 2008 and received nothing special...there was a honeymooners party with cake and champagne, but it conflicted with the C&A welcome back party, so we only went to the very end of it.
Same here for our 2012 cruise, nothing other than the party with champagne and cake.

HAL Veendam / Canada & New England /June 7, 2014
RCL Oasis of the Seas / Western Caribbean / February 4, 2012
Carnival Victory / Southern Caribbean / February 6, 2011
Carnival Destiny / Southern Caribbean / December 12, 2004

Last edited by sherilyn70; February 25th, 2013 at 12:24 AM.