What are we missing in St Kitts?

Mar56

We are planning a private excursion for Feb 2015 and have asked to go to Romney Manor, Brimstone Hill Fortress, the Black Rocks and Dieppe Bay Beach (to see the Atlantic and Caribbean sea/ocean together). If this were the only time we were ever to be on this island, what else would you recommend that we visit? (we are not shoppers).

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Don't miss spratnet you cannot afford to. Spratnet have live music every wednesday night and they specialized in seafood. I am sure that this is something you would love.

If you need information on tour operators I can give you suggestions.

I second Brimstone Hill Fortress.

We recently did a St. Kitts island tour and had a great time!

You also want to make sure to get sometime at Independence Square and the Berkeley Memorial Clock during your tour to check out the downtown area. It is not far from the port, but why walk if you already have transportation organized.

Don't forget to try a Carib while on the island!

dsc02836.jpg?resize=1217%2C909

dsc028441.jpg?resize=1224%2C918

• 5 weeks later...

Its interesting, we read some great reviews of the sugar train and therefore did not hesitate to book it when we went to the island on our honeymoon cruise. I have to say it was not cheap by any means and we were basically incredibly underwhelmed by the whole thing. I do know that there are lots of people who think its brilliant, and I have no idea what leads some people to think its great and others to think its quite dull but we're a early/mid 30s couple and certainly would not recommend it.

Its interesting, we read some great reviews of the sugar train and therefore did not hesitate to book it when we went to the island on our honeymoon cruise. I have to say it was not cheap by any means and we were basically incredibly underwhelmed by the whole thing. I do know that there are lots of people who think its brilliant, and I have no idea what leads some people to think its great and others to think its quite dull but we're a early/mid 30s couple and certainly would not recommend it.

Lonedreamer,

DH and I are going in a couple weeks and in our mid 30's... Something in particular of why not recommending the train,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lonedreamer,

DH and I are going in a couple weeks and in our mid 30's... Something in particular of why not recommending the train,

Though we have done the train I would not recommend it if it is your first visit to the island. Yes you will see some of the island landscape but it makes no stops and you will not get a chance to visit places like the Brimstone Fortress. I think you would be much better of with a land tour from someone like Thenford Grey. You will see much more of the island and it will cost you far less money.

Lonedreamer,

Hi There

Ultimately it is all personal choice but I would say the train is not the most dynamic excursion available. We thought the entertainment would be very good whereas actually it was a group of 3 people standing in the doorway of the carriage (one of which looked frankly embarrassed) and singing 2 songs before moving on. The views were 'nice' although there were moments of seeing literally into peoples back gardens and a number of areas which to be honest are just 'waste grounds'. (abandoned old cars, washing machines etc)

Altogether considering our trip cost us over £60 per person it was one of the worst value trips we did on the honeymoon. We swam and snorkelled on an incredible catamaran and saw sea turtles for less £ than sitting on that train for 2 hours.

Like I said, everyone has different opinions and perspectives but we just didn't find our time on the train particularly entertaining and we would not go again.