Evening Wear on Oceania?

Luxury For Less

Hi there,

DH and I leave for our cruise on Insignia in 2 weeks time and I am starting to organise our clothes. I believe the dresscode onboard is "Country Casual" - does DH need to wear a jacket a night or would an open necked long-sleeved shirt and "suit" trousers suffice? We are trying to avoid lugging a suit jacket if it is not really going to be worn.

Thanks so much all

:):)

"Country Club Casual" is a phrase that leads to some confusion - actually the "Dress Code" on Oceania really doesn't exist insofar as dictating what you MUST and MUST NOT wear. What everyone seems to prefer - and mostly all do - is to wear casual clothes that are in good taste and look good on you.

There are a few things, that you can read about elsewhere, that are clearly excluded - such as jeans with holes, thong-type footwear, and other such things as may cause eyebrows to go up!

Jackets are certainly "not required", but some do wear them at night, as that is their personal preference. Others do not - and everyone seems to do well at choosing their daytime and evening wear and keep everything in good taste.

Enjoy your cruise!

Don't lug the jacket. My DH always wears one. We lugged it our first cruise, he never wore it and on the follwing 4 cruises it did not come with us and was not missed. A nice collared shirt and perhaps a pair of Dockers will suffice. It is your choice!

I like to travel in a RL sport jacket.I feel when I check into a hotel before our cruise it looks better, and inturn i feel better. And I like to wear it when we go to the speacialty restaurants makes for a more elegent dinning out. NO TIE.The other times I wear abutton down shirt and slacks for dinner.

We live in rural Okeechobee, Florida and tend to eat out at Golden Corral and Cowboy's BBQ. So, when we get aboard ship, I like to dress up just a little. I strongly dislike wearing a tie, so formal nights have no appeal. I love the fact that Oceania treats me like an adult and does not tell me what to wear on any specific evening. That said, I like to wear a jacket -- it makes me feel good. Betsy says I wear one to try to hide my pot belly -- I won't comment :rolleyes:.

When traveling to Europe, I usually wear one on the plane, and that's it. When I'm cruising out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale, where we drive to the port, I may bring 3 or 4 for a longer cruise.

But, that's purely my personal choice. There is no rule, official or unwritten, that says I should under any circumstances.

This is one of Oceania's great appeals.

Oh isn't it. I just love it.

No jacket will be needed.

Hi Digby, how are you guys and the puppies....long time. We are off on the HK to Europe next year on Nautica again. Hope that you are both well and happy.:)

"I like to travel in a RL sport jacket.I feel when I check into a hotel before our cruise it looks better, and inturn i feel better. And I like to wear it when we go to the speacialty restaurants makes for a more elegent dinning out. NO TIE.The other times I wear abutton down shirt and slacks for dinner".

Acrusa...you and I dress alike with the same reasoning. In my 5 Oceania trips I must say I have not seen anyone dress in a fashion unbecoming to what I believe is the Oceania's "Country Club Casual" intent.....smart and relaxed.

I love casual. Women usually wear pants and nice tops. I bring 2 pairs of dark pants( sometimes a skirt) and 3-4 nice tops. I also bring a scarf and sweater for the cooler nights. My spouse wears dark pants and colored shirts. He loves not wearing ties. I have seen some guys in ties and sports jackets....not many. When I first tried this type of cruise, I was also confused as to what to bring. The best response I got was...."think Chicos" It was right. I love Chicos traveler clothes...never wrinkle and expand if you do gain a pound or two.

I'm one of those that personally wishes that O would have one formal night per cruise. I like to dress up every once in a while. We're about to do our first O cruise, an 18 day TA. I'm going to bring a sports jacket for occasional use--haven't decided yet if I'll also bring a tie or not.

Wish I knew what Chicos was!

I'm one of those that personally wishes that O would have one formal night per cruise. I like to dress up every once in a while. We're about to do our first O cruise, an 18 day TA. I'm going to bring a sports jacket for occasional use--haven't decided yet if I'll also bring a tie or not.

Wish I knew what Chicos was!

Chico' s is a fairly low priced woman's wear catalog and store chain.

Bring your tux and I'm sure they will find som work for you on O.;)

You can dress formally if you choose

I have seen some people on our cruises with jacket & TIE, suits, formal gowns etc

Just not many of them

Your choice

Lyn

http://www.chicos.com/store/home.jsp

I almost always bring a sport coat and wear it occasionally to the specialty dining venues as well as the MDR, but, one of the reasons many people choose Oceania is because of the "business casual" dress code and no formal nights. I know that is one of the things that was a major factor in drawing me to try my first Oceanis cruise (with more already scheduled that will bring us to a total of 13 on Oceania).

Wiks:)

Hi Digby, how are you guys and the puppies....long time. We are off on the HK to Europe next year on Nautica again. Hope that you are both well and happy.:)

We're fine, but only Max is still with us and he has lost the use of his back legs. We are running a geriatric doggie hospital and have been for a long time.

Aww, that's sad to hear. Our cat got to that stage, he was 21. We lost him, were devastated for two years but now we have a new girl from the shelter and she is divine. Hugs from Australia.

Archived