Bermuda in Oct.

gatorgram

Thats why I am looking at April 2016 out of Baltimore

Oct is still hurricane season and you should not book a cruise based on ports during tht time.

If a hurricane is out there you will be going elsewhere.

For a one time only going to Bermuda I would not want to take that chance

Bermuda took a direct hit by Hurricane Gonzalo this October. We were there in mid November and there was still some damage evident.

Bermuda is a much more prosperous country compared many Caribbean islands. Yes, I know Bermuda is not anywhere near the Caribbean, just comparing cruise ports. They have better building rules and practices, the damage was not major.

Good luck with you decision - I'd go for it! :)

Edited by CRUZBUDS

IMO opinion you're just a likely to have a hurricane in the Caribbean islands as in Bermuda. October is still hurricane season so wherever you cruise there is a chance.

With that being said I've cruised in October many times and haven't had any cancellations of ports or change in itinerary. You just have to be aware that it may happen and be happy with any cruise itinerary change that may occur.

We booked for Bermuda, but if we end up going somewhere else, thats fine too. Its all an adventure. What would be an alternate port for Bermuda?

depending on where the storm is-- you could go to canada

I cruise Bermuda about every year and always in the fall, have not run into any hurricanes. There are no guarantees on weather, no matter when you go.

I am very picky about when I go, because, my priority is snorkling and the water temp- not before Memorial day, and through Sept for me. Otherwise the water is too cold.

Thats why I am looking at April 2016 out of Baltimore

Oct is still hurricane season and you should not book a cruise based on ports during tht time.

If a hurricane is out there you will be going elsewhere.

For a one time only going to Bermuda I would not want to take that chance

The iffy part about April is the temp. I went to Bermuda about 5 years ago in April and the air temp was 68. The water temp was cold as well. Even if the air temp is good and in the 70's, the ocean will still be cold in April.

The iffy part about April is the temp. I went to Bermuda about 5 years ago in April and the air temp was 68. The water temp was cold as well. Even if the air temp is good and in the 70's, the ocean will still be cold in April.

Looking forward to Bermuda in October...our last visit was early April..and it was cool..no beaches for us!!

We live in NC...no stranger to hurricanes and we have a small place at Holden Beach...so I always worry from about September thru November....we have been extremely lucky in the past several years....no damage from any hurricanes...but it is an always present threat during that time of the year...I do not worry about a cruise...I know they will divert us...I worry more about my little abode near the beach:D

Been cruising to Bermuda just about every year for the last umpteen years.....in OCT. no less. We followed some storms and some storms followed us. We had seas as smooth as glass and some that weren't so smooth but we were never diverted.

The worst weather I EVER encountered was after leaving Key West and heading back to Balt. last Feb. :eek:

You take your chances no matter where and when you go.:)

BTW, hardly any self respecting Bermudian goes in the water before May 24.:D

Edited by iheartbda

• 2 weeks later...

There is no guarantee you will have good weather even in July or August.

A lot of expensive rained out cruises last summer.

Been to Bermuda 5 times and always had a blast. Mostly Sept and October. The 2014 HI temps averaged 80 degrees (Low 70) for October. Yes it will probably rain over the three days.

The only down side is that the days shorter and the sun is low in the sky

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking of booking the Sunshine Oct. 2. Only live 2 hours from Pt. Canaveral.

Being a FL Native I know and am concerned about Hurricanes.

Thinking this trip could be risky but it's a 1 time a year cruise. So, any opinions?

Are you concerned that the ship will be in an unsafe situation, or are you concerned that they will reroute to somewhere other than Bermuda? I guarantee you that they will not put their ship, crew and passengers through a hurricane. Ships just reroute around hurricanes. In your case, since you'd be leaving from Port Canaveral, your worst case scenario is that you end up going to the caribbean instead.

• 4 weeks later...

We are going to Bermuda 10/4-10/11 leaving from NYC and staying for 3 days in port. I am not really nervous about the weather. I would be slightly disappointed if we did miss the port because I am looking forward to going to Bermuda.

It stinks that I can only take vacation during hurricane season but I rather be on a cruise then at work! :o