Safeguarding Personal Items on the Beach

NewCruiserMPC

DH and I are doing the Caribbean end of March. We have 2 days we have planned to go snorkeling and lounge at the beach/water.

Im concerned about HOW to safegaurd our personal belongings. We dont plan to bring much with us.

1.towels

2. backpack with sunscreen, snacks, water bottle

3. camera to take pictures (waterproof)

4. snorkeling gear (most likely in the backpack)

5. cash and our ID... probably kept around my neck on a lanyard/sleeve thing

When we are out in the water... is it safe to leave your things out? We would leave our towels and maybe backpack. Planning to carry my camera with me. What about our snorkeling stuff?

Do they have lockers? It is safe to leave out?

Edited by NewCruiserMPC

• 1 year later...

We always leave our stuff in the bag on the beach. We never had a problem. I do keep a close eye from the water.

Since your most valuable seems to be your camera you will have that with you. They sell waterproof pouches for valuables if you want to take your credit card, ID etc with you when snorkrling.

And like the previous poster mentioned, ask someone arouund you keep an eye on your bag

• 6 months later...

I have a small combination lock that has a cable that threads through the zipper of my backpack and allows me to "lock" to the chair. I keep credit card and id with me on a waterproof laynard/plastic box.

I take an older kindle & iphone (i have upgraded both and these are the older ones) and leave in locked backpack. I can connect the old iphone to wireless for facebook message home to family. Neither of which would I be upset if it was indeed taken.

It really depends on where you are going. I would never leave anything important unattended. I bought a waterproof waist pouch on eBay so I can keep important stuff on me. We usually leave our phones on the ship. I may bring an old one along to use wifi though. Most of the places we have been didn't have lockers, but Paradise Beach in Cozumel had lockers for rent which we used.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...