Sea plane crash in 2015 - NTSB Report is Out

Getting ready to leave Ketchikan , affected family's have disembarked , we will stop

In British Columbia only for service and then to Seattle as scheduled.

Coast guard still doing search and rescue

Prayers for those missing passengers, their loved ones, and anyone aboard Westerdam that is struggling tonight with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingman,

Thank you for the updates.

It is so sad for all aboard to cope with such a horrid event. I cannot imagine what those families that are involved are suffering.

Still hoping for survivors.

According to AP: "A sightseeing float plane carrying eight cruise ship passengers and a pilot crashed against the granite rock face of a southeast Alaska cliff Thursday, and rescuers were trying to reach the site 800 feet above a lake to determine if there were survivors." Doesn't sound promising. I'm so, so sorry.

Horrible news. After just returning from our own dream adventure on the Pearl and watching so many planes flying overhead, I can't fathom how everyone involved must be feeling. Strength and comfort to all..

How absolutely terrible and tragic, my thoughts are with the families and others associated with the incident. Perhaps it's an inopportune time to bring it up but it reminds me of an incident on MS Rotterdam'a 2000 cruise up the Orinoco River to Puerto Ordaz where a highlight tour was to be flights to Canaima Nat'l Park and Angel Falls in Venezuela. We were disappointed when told the 2 of the 3 flights had been cancelled as HAL determined the equipment to be less than satisfactory. About a week later I read in the New York Times that one of the planes we were to have taken (a DC-3) had in fact crashed at Angel Falls.

I was in Ketchikan one week ago today on the Westerdam. I visited Misty Fjords by boat.

I was stunned to see this news. My coworker went on this float plane trip and said it was amazing. Something I would love to experience someday.

I can't stop thinking about the passengers... Viewing spectacular beauty, living a dream. It is absolutely crushing. I cannot imagine how their families, other passengers, and the crew are feeling.

Such a sad event.

So sad! So terrible! I hope it happened quickly so that they didn't suffer. My thoughts and prayers are with the families. It is likely that there were multiple members of the same family on the plane; such a tragedy!

I am just sad. A family or families going on an Alaskan vacation to deal with this trajedy.

I do not want to even imagine how it must feel on that ship.....not just fellow passengers but crew as well. The weather is an initial descriptive of the mood on board.....Pray that there was no suffering....so sad.

erewhon, yes this was a HAL excursion.

This company had a crash in 2009 too, caused by an engine failure. No one died then thankfully, four were injured.

Prayers to the families of the victims.

Way too many parallels to this story from a few years back. While no loss is more or less completely devastating for all involved it sounds as though this time it may have been multiple families, not just one huge extended family. So incredibly sad. I can't even imagine.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/11506591.html?mobile=y

erewhon, yes this was a HAL excursion.

This company had a crash in 2009 too, caused by an engine failure. No one died then thankfully, four were injured.

Prayers to the families of the victims.

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly, there are no survivors - according to the U.S. Coast Guard.

The plane had 8 pax and the pilot.

No media outlet is reporting this. All that is known is the plane was found against a granite rock 800 feet above Ella Lake. No word yet on survivors.

http://q13fox.com/2015/06/25/missing-plane-carrying-9-found-on-cliffside-in-alaska-passengers-from-seattle-based-cruise-ship/

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/plane-with-9-people-on-board-reported-crashed-near-ketchikan/33779404

Prayers for the passengers and their families, the pilot and their family as well.

Took that excursion a few years ago. Was even contemplating fly out fishing this Summer, but with DW a nervous flier she will not agree now.

Can't imagine how rough it will be on pax and crew on the ship learning people with whom they dined and chatted are no longer on the cruise. Even worse is that some family were on the ship waiting the news of a fun excursion and instead were tracked down and provided such devastating news while on a cruise.

My thoughts go out to the families involved in this horrible tragedy. I can't even imagine...... To the crew of the Westerdam as I know they are dealing with this loss with incredible dignity and support. My thoughts and "Thank You" also go out to the HAL team that comes in to handle this kind of tragedy. What a difficult job but I solute all of you for taking such amazing care during such a tragic time. God bless.......

Wendy