$2,399 each for 3rd & 4th Guests

I know there is the law of supply and demand, but how can RCCL charge $2,399 per kid for Oasis/Allure Loft Suites in February?

A thousand per I have paid for in the past. Is anyone having the same issues?

Yes, it is ridiculous. We have a Grand Suite on the Allure and they want to charge me $2800 to add her. Really?! For a TWO YEAR OLD?!?! I would certainly pay $1000 and I am certain their costs for her cruising are well below 1K, but since the 3rd person price is so high and they make no consideration that she's a kid, we are not bringing her. So to me this is a dumb decision, they could've had some 3rd person revenue, but now are only getting 2 fares for the cabin.

I know there is the law of supply and demand, but how can RCCL charge $2,399 per kid for Oasis/Allure Loft Suites in February?

A February cruise around President's Day (lots of east coast schools closed for the holiday) and add in a very expensive cabin........I can see the high price. I don't condone it and would never pay that, but I can see how they can charge that much....

At that price sell the kids and start over when you get back home. :p

Why wait til getting home, it´s a great cruise activity - so I´ve heard;)

One can even join the balcony Club, especially in a Loft facing the Basketball court;):p:eek::D

Yes, it is ridiculous. We have a Grand Suite on the Allure and they want to charge me $2800 to add her. Really?! For a TWO YEAR OLD?!?! I would certainly pay $1000 and I am certain their costs for her cruising are well below 1K, but since the 3rd person price is so high and they make no consideration that she's a kid, we are not bringing her. So to me this is a dumb decision, they could've had some 3rd person revenue, but now are only getting 2 fares for the cabin.

Might be a dumb decision to you, but more than likely a very wise decision for them.

Doesn´t matter the Age she will add to the Count of passengers on board. Getting her onboard they might not be able to sell all cabins at first and second passenger fares due to reaching max capacity.

So they might be losing out on a much higher fare than your proposed $1000 plus onboard Revenue of bar Tabs, gambling, Shopping, excursions, etc.

So what might be dumb for your personal Situation is actually a wise decision for them.

If you know the law of supply and demand, why the question?

It´s a free market and they can Charge what they want. They will either get it from some or not. If they get it they might raise it to see if they can get even more. If they can´t get it they will either lower it to sell or they might not even want to sell 3rd & 4th for those Cruises and use These high Prices to discourage People from buying.

On one of the Australian cruises I was pricing the 3rd and 4th were more than 1st and 2nd. Crazy!!:eek:

Often happens when either, or a combination of:

1) last minute sales on base fares are reduced to fill the ship,

2) lots of demand for 3/4s e.g. holiday cruises, so there is less excess capacity at the top level.

For example, if a cruise sells well/out 6/9 months out for a holiday period, 3/4 rates may be set very high.

If cabins are then released later, then the 1/2 rate may be reduced to get the sales, but the 3/4 rate not adjusted as they don't have a lot of room for headcount, and/or they're just trying to fill cabins.

Looks odd at the time, but makes sense if you follow overall pricing trends. When it happens, it's usually best to get two cabins - but it does make things hard if you're travelling as 3.

You got BOGO 'd !!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

No, because they would book something cheaper. An inside 3/4 rate on Oasis for Feb. Is 949, well within your 1000 per

As you state, she is 2 so how much 3rd person revenue are they going to get from her? It's not like they have the Ultimate Milk Package for her to buy.

age of the passenger is not a factor at all. they are probably getting close to max capacity on the lifeboats.

If you know the law of supply and demand, why the question?

It´s a free market and they can Charge what they want. They will either get it from some or not. If they get it they might raise it to see if they can get even more. If they can´t get it they will either lower it to sell or they might not even want to sell 3rd & 4th for those Cruises and use These high Prices to discourage People from buying.

High prices won't discourage people from buying. When people really want something they're willing to pay for it. Of course a few will say "no" to a high price, but most won't. They'll moan about it all the while forking over the cash.

As you said, supply and demand. I understand the "sticker shock" issue, but I also understand that RCCL exists to make a profit. If they didn't charge the highest they can get they'd not succeed. Keep in mind that you are sailing a popular week. The old "make hay while the sunshines" adage comes to mind. They maximize their profits when they can and they sell cheap to fill the ship when they have to. We have a Crown Loft booked in Sep. 2016 and are taking the grandkids. We booked under the "hated" BOGHO promotion. The grandkids are $642 per person. The adults are just a bit more than what you are paying for kids. My suggestion, try to cruise during a cheaper time.

Might be a dumb decision to you, but more than likely a very wise decision for them.

Doesn´t matter the Age she will add to the Count of passengers on board. Getting her onboard they might not be able to sell all cabins at first and second passenger fares due to reaching max capacity.

So they might be losing out on a much higher fare than your proposed $1000 plus onboard Revenue of bar Tabs, gambling, Shopping, excursions, etc.

So what might be dumb for your personal Situation is actually a wise decision for them.

Then why can you add an infant to an inside for $549? Do they spend $1,800 more than the suite infants?

As you state, she is 2 so how much 3rd person revenue are they going to get from her? It's not like they have the Ultimate Milk Package for her to buy.

I've got a 7 year old who loves milk! She'd be all over that package and tipping the bartenders nicely to get extra chocolate syrup or a crazy straw!

Edited by sasha96