Cruise/Fly P&O

pamela17

I am considering taking a one way fly cruise with P&O. I don't want to use flight part on the P&O choice of Airline. I wish to purchase my own flights which I will pay for. Will I get a discount from the cruise price if I am not using the flight?

The only way to get a definite answer is if you are using a TA ask them to ring P&O and if you are booking direct you will have to ring yourself to find out.

The difference may not be as much as you might think. For our upcoming Britannia on 25 October (which is a one way flight back from Barbados ), I asked them for the cruise-only price and it was £100 less than the all-in price. I obviously took the all-in deal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am sure that we have read somewhere that someone on a Med. cruise only gained £70 for not using the flights.

I may have dreamed this though, but I think I have priced up a fly / cruise on line and there is an option to include flights or not now.

Now I may have dreamed this, but give it a go

Have to say though, we have found the fly / cruise to be excellent with P&O - like well oiled machine.

We've just booked the 12th April Croatia/Italy cruise and it cost £400 less for cruise only. This is for 2 adults and a 4 year old. For other dates there was no reduction in price. It's far cheaper doing it this way and then going from a regional airport. We get to go the day before and stay in Malta for a couple of nights after.

We've just booked the 12th April Croatia/Italy cruise and it cost £400 less for cruise only. This is for 2 adults and a 4 year old. For other dates there was no reduction in price. It's far cheaper doing it this way and then going from a regional airport. We get to go the day before and stay in Malta for a couple of nights after.

Forgot to mention that for other dates/itineraries there was no reduction in price online.

Just like to tell you about certain pitfalls if you book your own flight.If your flight is late for any reason they will not hold the ship back and wait for you,whereas if you use the cruise flight they will hold the ship for late flights.Also I was in the Caribbean a few year back on Princess,this was when the volcano erupted in Iceland and flights were cancelled.We docked in Barbados to pick new arrivals up,the passengers who were going home and were on fly cruise were found hotels and flights via different route back to UK,passengers who had booked their own flights had to make their own arrangements.I have booked my own flight a few times but I fly out a few days before the cruise and stay in hotel and same returning.Hope this was helpfull.

Just like to tell you about certain pitfalls if you book your own flight.If your flight is late for any reason they will not hold the ship back and wait for you,whereas if you use the cruise flight they will hold the ship for late flights.Also I was in the Caribbean a few year back on Princess,this was when the volcano erupted in Iceland and flights were cancelled.We docked in Barbados to pick new arrivals up,the passengers who were going home and were on fly cruise were found hotels and flights via different route back to UK,passengers who had booked their own flights had to make their own arrangements.I have booked my own flight a few times but I fly out a few days before the cruise and stay in hotel and same returning.Hope this was helpfull.

Thank you for your help