Frequent visitor seeks new excursions

bedfordmom

Having been to St Martin numerous times, we are looking for something different. We have used and greatly enjoyed Bernards, Robinson's Speed boats, and Bus to Marigot. I know this sounds spoiled but I am looking for something different. We enjoy exciting adventure tours. We are contemplating the America Cup or Random Winds. America Cup is expensive for such a short time and I am afraid I will be disappointed Are we missing something? Any other suggestions. We are active 50 plus year olds who love active outdoor stuff.

Having been to St Martin numerous times, we are looking for something different. We have used and greatly enjoyed Bernards, Robinson's Speed boats, and Bus to Marigot. I know this sounds spoiled but I am looking for something different. We enjoy exciting adventure tours. We are contemplating the America Cup or Random Winds. America Cup is expensive for such a short time and I am afraid I will be disappointed Are we missing something? Any other suggestions. We are active 50 plus year olds who love active outdoor stuff.

Hi!

Pinel Island? Perhaps you can kayak there yourself or take the ferry boat.

Pinel Island. It's an adventurous day kayaking over there. There's some hiking once you get there as well (we decided to not do the hiking since it's uphill and it was extremely hot the day we went and I just didn't feel like doing it).

I have a full review in my signature line with tons of pictures if you are interested. :)

Pinel Island. It's an adventurous day kayaking over there. There's some hiking once you get there as well (we decided to not do the hiking since it's uphill and it was extremely hot the day we went and I just didn't feel like doing it).

I have a full review in my signature line with tons of pictures if you are interested. :)

Hi Kim, I stumbled across your review a few weeks ago and spent hours and hours reading through it! :) I just booked the kayaks in St. Martin to go to Pinel Island.

Once you're there, can you rent chairs/umbrellas from one of the beaches? Any idea on what that cost? And how long did the entire kayak back take you? For lunch, did they take credit cards or did you bring cash?

thanks!

One more question! What camera do you use to get the underwater shots? Thanks!

Hi Kim, I stumbled across your review a few weeks ago and spent hours and hours reading through it! :) I just booked the kayaks in St. Martin to go to Pinel Island.

Once you're there, can you rent chairs/umbrellas from one of the beaches? Any idea on what that cost? And how long did the entire kayak back take you? For lunch, did they take credit cards or did you bring cash?

thanks!

Yes, there are 2 places you can rent chairs/umbrellas from: Yellow Beach and Le Karabuni. Although we didn't rent any chairs, I believe they were $20 for 2 chairs. I don't know if that included the umbrella or not. From what I seen, they were all sitting under umbrellas. We always use cash everywhere we go, so couldn't tell you if they actually have a way to process cc's or not. I believe I had read that they do take credit cards, but must be over a certain amount and it's in euro's. Just too much of a hassle for me...so I used cash.

One more question! What camera do you use to get the underwater shots? Thanks!

I have several cameras. They are all Olympus Tough. My newest is a TG4. I also have a 830 and a 620. I believe on this trip, my 830 was used the most because thinking back, I'm not sure I had my TG4 at this point (I did on my last cruise on the Epic). If you're going to get one, I'd do the TG4. It can do so much more and it has the ability to add lens. :)