Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > San Juan, PR

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old July 14th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Day in San Juan

The Zenith will be in San Juan from 7-6 in November and I thought maybe some of my Celebrity friends could help me out.

At the moment my plan is to take the Legends Tours of Old San Juan (not with the ship) from 10-2, then have lunch at a restaurant (I've heard about the oldest restaurant in San Juan -- has anyone been there?) and then take a tour or a fort or just walk around.

Another thought is taking a tour of the rain forest but I really want to tour Old San Juan and I don't know of anyone that can combine the two. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Old July 14th, 2006, 10:49 PM
5,000+ Club

Just a suggestion: I am a die-hard Royal Caribbean'er but did stay in San Juan for 3 days/2 nights precruise last November.

I bought a book called Frommers Caribbean Ports of Call at my local bookstore and it has soooo much info in it about all the port of the Caribbean..... easily worth the $14.95 I paid for it.

In the San Juan section there is a VERY detailed walking tour you can do on your own..... it has maps and tells you where to start, where to turn right etc.... takes about 2 hrs depending on how long you stay at each site..... has info about each place as well as where to shop, where to eat etc etc etc....

Old San Juan is only about 15 square blocks so it is very do-able on your own. Better yet just take a taxi to El Morro and tour it first then walk your way down thru old town.

To do both (old SJ and El Yunque) in one day would be ALOT....

So far: 10 cruises - 5 Royal Caribbean, 3 Celebrity, 1 Princess & 1 Holland America

Life is short ..forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably... and never regret anything that made you smile