Cruise Connection-Going out of Business

QTBabyNurse

I don't know if y'all are aware of this or not, but I found out over the weekend that Cruise Connection is going out of business as of 3/18. Your cruise has to depart and return by that date or they will cancel your reservation and refund your payment.

I only found this out because I originally had a cruise departing on 3/18 but not returning until 3/25. We've had a family emergency and had to postpone our cruise. I called Cruise Connection to transfer our reservation to the new date and I received a message saying they were "ceasing operations as of 3/18". They never called me or notified me in any way and our cruise was to depart next weekend. When exactly were they planning to tell us that we had NO transportation back home from Port Everglades when our ship returned on 3/25???? :eek:

There was a small add for a new cruise bus company in the Sunday Melbourne paper but they will not start operations until September 2012. Luckily, I had planned a one way car rental for my TA in April. Enterpise had a great price for airport to airport.

This is a real bummer. We used them last year and they were great. We have alreaddy paid for our trip to the Allure on 4/22. Now we have to try to not only get a refund but schedule another way to get to the terminal.

Oh well, into every rain a litle life must fall.

Just talked to RCL. The bus lines will continue to work with them through the end of April. So my reservations for the Allure on the 22nd are still OK. I guess after 3/18 they will not accept a new ressie.

here's the new company coming on

http://mycruisebus.com/

interesting though is both of these companies happen to be out of Sarasota fl

Fl.........hummmmm.....same 'company' different name??? Why would they bail after 25 years....they were the only gig in town. You'da thought they would have made money (even with fuel going up)...they kept raising their rates through the years.......This will be interesting to see if anything comes out as to the details of their demise

here's the new company coming on

http://mycruisebus.com/

interesting though is both of these companies happen to be out of Sarasota fl

Fl.........hummmmm.....same 'company' different name??? Why would they bail after 25 years....they were the only gig in town. You'da thought they would have made money (even with fuel going up)...they kept raising their rates through the years.......This will be interesting to see if anything comes out as to the details of their demise

You bring up a good point. Sounds like the company might be re-organizing under a different name. What's also interesting is that their website looks remarkably similar to Cruise Connection's OLD website.

I remember back in the day (1990's), the cruise lines used to provide the bus complimentary for Florida residents. Maybe they need to do so again or at least subsidize part of the cost as for many of the older cruisers in Florida, that was their only transportation to the ship as many of them can't drive.

The place where I volunteer is also a park and ride for commuter service to Washington DC. I was just looking out my window and a commuter bus dropped off passengers and was emblazoned with the "Cruise Connection" logo, here in MARYLAND. Can they be redeploying their equipment this quickly?

Roy

So..the "new" company site says service will begin Sept 2012..my cruise goes out of Miami on Apr 8th! Anyone know how to get from the Villages/Ocala area on a shuttle? :eek:

OH YIKES~~just saw that.......If you call Cruise Connection,can they suggest anything?

• 5 months later...

What's the deal? I Keep hearing they are going out of business, but still see their buses in DC picking up and dropping off people!

Since their future is unstable at best, can anyone recommend a reliable transport company to pick our group of 22 in the Alexandria area RT to the Baltimore port? :confused:

Mr. Bill

Archived