Vision of the Seas photos - Post Revitalization

LMaxwell

I'll throw some keywords at the top here so that in the future hopefully people can find this as a reference. These photos were taken on 11/11/13 - 11/13/13 just after a revitalization of the ship was completed in October 2013. (other keywords: dry dock, rejuvenation, re-decorating, rehabilitation, new venues)

I took way more photos than I even thought I would; so bear with me as I will post them in small sets of areas. I do not have every area photographed but this should still be helpful to anyone considering the ship.

That said; let's knock out the stateroom first.

Cabin: 2580 - Outside View - I believe these rooms are new or heavily heavily rehabilitated. It still had a "new" smell.

Notes: Starboard side - About 5 cabins ahead of rear bank of elevators. Near silent cabin. No odd sounds. Room is absolutely spotless.

New Samsung Flat Screen TV's. There is a photo of the different ports and inputs on the TV, but I don't know if they are disabled or not. Yes the TV is on an articulating arm and can face the sofa or the bed easily.

Closet includes tons of wooden hangers for both shirts and pants (with the clips). Personal flotation devices are in the closet

A bunch of room service order forms near the door, but no pen in the room. :confused: . No fridge/cool box. Yes there is a safe. It was the touchpad variety for the combination. No I did not use it. I do not own an iPad so don't know if one would fit.

Blackout curtains excellent. REALLY effective at blacking out the room to sleep.

Bathroom has good amount of storage; there are also opening cabinets to the right of the vanity and shelves with little sea rails on them. 4 hooks on back of the bathroom door. Water pressure, excellent. Temperature control, excellent. Never had an issue with the toilet. Note: All you get amenity wise is two small bars of soap. There is a soap dish by the sink and one in the shower. The showed head can be raised / lowered, pivoted, removed from holder (hand held). Pretty standard stuff but worth a mention.

I asked nothing of the room steward (did not even meet him until departure morning) and on the second night I left the do not disturb sign up when I went out as I didn't need anything and thought it would be one less room for him to have to turn down. That said, the evening service the first night, and day service the second day was just as expected. (This was a 2 day cruise)

I'd take this room again. When I got back on the ship I went up the stairs and was at my room in under a minute for sure. Very quiet. I think deck 2 OV cabins have smaller windows than other decks but they were not "small" really and let in a ton of light. Not sure I'd trade to get a bigger window but potentially be underneath public venues by moving up to deck 3.

More will follow later this evening

Image44_zps70e66651.jpg

Image45_zps10e02cb0.jpg

Image46_zpsd7527c8d.jpg

Image47_zps5e3df3a8.jpg

Image55_zpse186f513.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

As long as we are outside, some no particular order shots of deck 10. This deck has the jogging track and goes fully around the ship. The jogging track goes as far back as the Solarium. 4.3 laps = 1 mile. Further beyond that towards the aft you will find the rock climbing wall. Forward is Adventure Ocean (never went in). Also there is a raised observation/sunning area forward as well.

Image12_zps18be2367.jpg

Image13_zps65ee4b29.jpg

Image14_zpsa19c4bc9.jpg

Image18_zps7531599e.jpg

More from up on Deck 10. That's the windows into the Solarium you see. The staircase you see there leads up to what used to be an entrance into the Viking Crown Lounge. Now it is Izumis. There were guys in there measuring and cutting fresh window tinting at the time and it looked like the door was not going to be in use So now it's just a staircase to be up a level...on a set of stairs.

Image31_zps8084b1c9.jpg

Image32_zps7ea750e9.jpg

Image34_zps335c6794.jpg

Here's a mosaic tile art work that, if I remember correctly, was on the pool deck near the bar. I took the stair cases fore and aft and took pictures of art there and around the ship in public venues. Not all of the art by any means, and I am sure I didn't see it all, but I think its something that gets overlooked. I am sure Royal spent a ton of $$$; we may as well look. I will post more, much more, but for today I'm wiped out.

71eabebc-f9ea-4bbb-9877-823b440049f8_zpsd33a73a7.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

Just a heads up. My shower did not have the shampoo/shower gel dispenser usually found in the shower. I was counting on that and had to ask my room steward for a shampoo which he was happy to get for me.

Thx for the heads up.. Good to know..I would have counted on them having it also..

Glad this is proving useful. Between other picture posts this should provide a lot of information for those looking for photos.

Some shots of Dining Room from the upper level

Image96_zps91d4df51.jpg

Image98_zpsc2877e66.jpg

Image95_zpse76f99ab.jpg

Image97_zps8a9b71fe.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

Are the Freestyle machines on Vision now?

They did not add the Freestyle machines. We were rather spoiled by them on Enchantment.

I'm glad we tried it out. Now I'm debating about switching our March 2014 to a Vision of the Seas 7 nighter out of Tampa. One more port than Freedom. Also, loved Giovanni's table.