Alamo turn around time in Cocoa Beach

We are returning our car to Alamo morning of the cruise. From previous posters, the rental agencies can be very busy the morning of the cruise due to people getting off the ship and renting. What would be a good time to return the car in the morning to Alamo and how fast is their turn around time? Usually it's a quick drive into the return area, a quick once over of the car, get your receipt and go. Just trying to plan the time out. Thanks.

Alamo does have a free shuttle but I've read that they won't release the shuttle until the ship tells them it's ok to start bringing over passengers.

Intersting is it the same with Budget as well ? If that is the case I rather call a cab and pay them 10$-12$ just to save myself from dealing with that hassle

I collected from Alamo last November after getting off Explorer. Alamo were running one shuttle and employed a couple of local taxis as well. A lot of people were waiting to get to the port. And there was a lot of moaning. However the port was extremely busy on that day. Check with cruise ship timetables to see how many vessels are in the day you travel. If only one or two then you should not have a problem, if 5 as it was for us then Taxi would be very good idea.

When we returned a car, it was going to be an hour before the shuttle would take us to the port. We called a cab, it was really reasonable. It took less than a half hour for the whole thing.

Most people were taking cabs and not waiting for the shuttle.

Claudia