cozumel: Amazing secret river and cavern. Need advice

Du vent dans les voiles

We've just booked this through HAL and now I am wondering about timing. HAL says it's a 8 hour excursion,though 30 minute drive from Playa Del Carmen after the ride from Cozumel. First anyone know what you do for maybe 5 or 6 hours (if calculations are close). Also someone mention eating and then going back for pics. Are there restaurants near by?

Is is a good 45 min ride in the ferry to Playa Del Carmen. Than a 30 min drive to the site. They also have to give you gear ect. The tour itself will take awhile and I would recommend going slow even if they try and make you speed up. There is so much to take in. I think they give you a snack, but I do not remember. However they do give a few shots tequila which is very good and much needed after all the adventuring. when you get back to Playa Del Carmen, they will give you an option to hang around there or go back to Cozumel. Both places have spots to eat. However do not miss the ferry back to Cozumel. Also buy the pictures. yes there are expensive but you might regret it if you don't. It is an amazing experience.

Crass, did u by chance notice any critters in the water on your tour and can u say how much the pictures on disc was .?

Yes there are critters in the water. They are all white, it is amazing. however there are not many and they are hard to see. I want to say the pictures where $80.

We've just booked this through HAL and now I am wondering about timing. HAL says it's a 8 hour excursion,though 30 minute drive from Playa Del Carmen after the ride from Cozumel. First anyone know what you do for maybe 5 or 6 hours (if calculations are close). Also someone mention eating and then going back for pics. Are there restaurants near by?

We booked with Carnival and lunch was included. They had a buffet at Rio Secreto.

My husband and I did this on our last stop in Cozumel. It was a fantastic day. My favorite part was when we temporarily put off our headlamps and sat in the incredible dark, quiet cave. We were outfitted with life jackets as we did float for a small way. I highly recommend this tour. BTW, compared costs doing it through the cruise ship or independently (which is typically the norm for us) & found that it made sense to use the cruise ship for this one.

My husband and I did this on our last stop in Cozumel. It was a fantastic day. My favorite part was when we temporarily put off our headlamps and sat in the incredible dark, quiet cave. We were outfitted with life jackets as we did float for a small way. I highly recommend this tour. BTW, compared costs doing it through the cruise ship or independently (which is typically the norm for us) & found that it made sense to use the cruise ship for this one.

Thank you for letting us know about your fantastic day :). We booked with Royal.

Joséed

My favorite part was when we temporarily put off our headlamps and sat in the incredible dark, quiet cave. .

When we did this at this part in total darkness our 6 year old accidentally rubbed her wetsuit the wrong way and it sounded just like the loudest burst of flatulence you ever heard. :eek::eek: First you heard (in the complete dark) small giggles begin from several people and then the whole group began belly laughing in the dark like teenagers. :D It did kill that deeply reflective moment but is one of my favorite all time cruise memories and we still laugh about it several years later!

OP - We booked on our own because several years ago it was not offered as a Cruise tour through RC, lunch was served, we bought the photos and it was a great day!!

Edited by theplanner2010

When we did this at this part in total darkness our 6 year old accidentally rubbed her wetsuit the wrong way and it sounded just like the loudest burst of flatulence you ever heard. :eek::eek: First you heard (in the complete dark) small giggles begin from several people and then the whole group began belly laughing in the dark like teenagers. :D It did kill that deeply reflective moment but is one of my favorite all time cruise memories and we still laugh about it several years later!

OP - We booked on our own because several years ago it was not offered as a Cruise tour through RC, lunch was served, we bought the photos and it was a great day!!

Great! :)

Only four more weeks. :D

Josée

• 1 month later...
We are considering this for May, 2016. Please come back and share your thoughts about the excursion.

Have fun!!!

Hello,

Just back from our cruise with Royal.

Our DD and her BF did the excursion and enjoyed it very much.

Boat ride, bus ride, the caves, good lunch and some time on the beach or some shopping in Playa Del Carmen and the ride back or you can skip the beach and/ or shopping and come back on your own.

They left at 8 and they were back around 4.

Have fun on your cruise :)

Josée

Every review I read on this amazing- never seen this offered through Carnival before- so we definitely want to do this- but I'm a non-swimmer- can anyone comment on how much floating it is or is it actual swimming?

I'm a non swimmer and will be doing this on our 3/20 cruise. From what I've read you have a life vest on the entire time and there is only one small spot where you have to put your head briefly underwater. I'm hesitant but going to go for it! I'll come back and let you know how it was.

I'm a non swimmer and will be doing this on our 3/20 cruise. From what I've read you have a life vest on the entire time and there is only one small spot where you have to put your head briefly underwater. I'm hesitant but going to go for it! I'll come back and let you know how it was.

I don't remember my head going under water. At one point our guide shuffled all the women to the front. And made me stay close. Because I was having issues adjusting from the sunlight to the cave. I tripped, and I was the first one moved ip.

When we got to the swim section our group had 2 non swimmers. He went to the most scared and helped them and the other one held on to the first. A little floating train pulled by the guide. It was a great tour.

I don't remember my head going under water. At one point our guide shuffled all the women to the front. And made me stay close. Because I was having issues adjusting from the sunlight to the cave. I tripped, and I was the first one moved ip.

When we got to the swim section our group had 2 non swimmers. He went to the most scared and helped them and the other one held on to the first. A little floating train pulled by the guide. It was a great tour.

You made my day!!! I'm all for being part of the "train"! Will remind me of when we did cave tubing in Belize and we all joined together for the rough spots.