All inclusive resort for $35

A year ago I was in Progresso and at the port I remember people holding a sign offering an excursion to an all inclusive resort for $35. I didn't go because a cool front came through and it was too cool for the beach.

Does anybody know what resort they bring you to? And wondering if the food & drinks were good. That's so cheap I'm almost doubtful!

Here is the link: http://www.autoprogreso.com/TechnoEn.html

There is several threads related to this. Some say it is great, other not so. We might take a chance on our next trip to Progreso. We have taken several good tours with this company to the ruins and Merida. I talked to several people that said the $35.00 resort was well worth it.

Different vendors offer different trips. I think the tour operators will take you to the Reef Hotel about 20 miles east of Progeso or the Technotel about 15 miles east. I have visited both, since we live in the area in the winter, to have a drink or a meal. Both were fine, but others will have to weigh in on the "all inclusive" experience.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done this twice via Autoprogreso and once was to the Reef Club and the other to Technotel. AP said last year that the Reef Club had raised its' rates and it was too expensive so they are using Technotel. I honestly think we liked Technotel the best. The food is ok-chips, cheese, beans, tortillas, meats. etc. Nothing to get excited about but you won't go hungry. As I recall, the drinks were good and not watered down. We have also used AP for other tours-Dzib and Uxmal ruins-and never had a bad experience with them.

We have also used AP for other tours-Dzib and Uxmal ruins-and never had a bad experience with them.

Never had a problem with AutoProgreso and will probably use them the next time we are in Progreso.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Progreso local, not a cruiser, so for us the Technotel is a really nice beach day. It's a low key but very pretty resort with a nice beach. They have two swimming pools and a restaurant; also kayak rentals.

I don't know what your cruise package includes; for us MX$150 gets us the day at the beach and a MX$100 credit in the restaurant, which is enough for many of the meals (about $8). So you might want to see what it would cost you to just get a cab to the Technotel and pay them directly; could save a lot.

• 5 weeks later...
My question is this: At the Technotel beach inclusive, is the buffet out all the time you are there or just for a little while around noon? Also, if anyone knows exactly what was served, I'd love to hear it.

I think the buffet was set up pretty much the entire time we were there. They had rice, refried beans, nachos, tortillas, chicken, things to make fajitas, etc. The food is ok, nothing to get excited about but ok. The drinks range from about anything and everything.

What was available at Technotel? I'll have children with me (6 and 10) and I want to be sure there are things for them to do as well.

They had some kayaks I believe that were first come, first serve. There were also vendors set up away from the beach and you could go look at their stuff. As far as kids, if they like to swim or collect sea shells this place would be fine. You can walk way out in the water and it's not over your head. I took an inflatable air mattress with me and floated on that. I'm going to try and find my pictures from our last visit and I'll post them when I do. This is the Gulf of Mexico so the water is greenish and mostly clear. Not the crystal clear blue waters of Cozumel but pretty nice.

They had some kayaks I believe that were first come, first serve. There were also vendors set up away from the beach and you could go look at their stuff. As far as kids, if they like to swim or collect sea shells this place would be fine. You can walk way out in the water and it's not over your head. I took an inflatable air mattress with me and floated on that. I'm going to try and find my pictures from our last visit and I'll post them when I do. This is the Gulf of Mexico so the water is greenish and mostly clear. Not the crystal clear blue waters of Cozumel but pretty nice.

a few pics of Technotel outside of Progreso

1395550835_Screenshot(9).jpg.e532975b7a7415c9aea3771d23615995.jpg

1734768071_Screenshot(10).jpg.11a2abe7c5903c12912e95bf7ff026bf.jpg

2087822579_Screenshot(16).jpg.bdb26c0e787d723a034265e391a46251.jpg

795764690_Screenshot(14).jpg.d53ad3984d863d6374a6e8454a34df7d.jpg

137491440_Screenshot(15).jpg.fb160b93940ff6e2647af138738f929b.jpg

• 2 months later...

So the vendors had an area set up and did not approach you?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting...I just clicked on the link, but I see that it's $35/adult and $22/child....but the child price only applies for age FIVE and under!!!! So apparently I'd have to pay full freight for my 13, 12, and 6 year old kids...even though they'd have little more than bottled water and some tortillas. :confused:

Unfortunately, that prices this out of the game for me! But I might check out just going there and not doing the all-inclusive.