ShoreExcursioneer.com AI Beach Day Excursion?

Hi there,

I did search and saw some posts on AI places in Progreso, but I didn't see anything specific to this place.

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/progreso/all-inclusive-resort-beach-day.html

Anyone know about it? I can't find a name of where this resort is? It seems to have positive reviews and it's cheaper than the Carnival AI beach resort excursion. Just curious if anyone else has had experience there.

It's been a while since I've been to Progreso, and I believe I just played it by ear the three times I have been.

• 2 weeks later...
It is not the same resort as Carnival. It is the an excursion through Autoprogreso.com

The beach excursion with Autoprogreso costs $35 and when I looked at the link above it said $39. AP goes to Technotel for their beach excursion. We have done it twice. We have used AP for a total of 7 excursions to the ruins and beach. Would recommend AP.

• 1 month later...
The beach excursion with Autoprogreso costs $35 and when I looked at the link above it said $39. AP goes to Technotel for their beach excursion. We have done it twice. We have used AP for a total of 7 excursions to the ruins and beach. Would recommend AP.

We are considering the beach AI excursion? I am mobility challenged. Does the bus pick you up at the ship? And once @ the site, how much walking is involved?

TIA for your response.

It was kind of a pain to get there. Went from ship to bus, bus to autoprogreso place with shops, waited for second bus to beach resort, bus ride took a bit. The whole thing took a couple hours. We had about three hours at the place. Food was not great, but we are easy to please. Had a good time, but probably wouldn't do it again. We did not do a lot of walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by AmberMarie

We did the AI resort two weeks ago. We took the free shuttle from the port into Progreso, which was Autoprogreso as others have mentioned. The guide on the bus mentioned that the Technotel excursion was available for $35 per person. We got off the bus in the terminal and walked to another place to board the same bus.

The Techonotel resort is very nice. The beach is kind of unique in that you can walk a very long ways out and only get waist deep.

We originally found a nice palapa by the beach, but it was too hot there for us. We found a nice table by one of the pools in the resort and spent the rest of our time there. They had a nice lunch buffet and the waiters brought the drinks to us.

Our guide Mario, was very nice and the bus took us all the way back to the ship without stopping back in town.

We would recommend this excursion.

After looking at the photos closer, I think this is the Reef Club and not Technotel. I've been to both and honestly didn't think one was any better than the other. Reef Club has a larger pool area but we were just interested in the beach. You ride the free AP bus into Progreso, get off and wait for another bus that takes you to the resort. Depending on what time you decide to leave ther ship, you will have time to stroll around Progreso if you want. Or you can just wait in the un-airconditioned bus terminal.