If I had only known... What do you wish someone had told you prior to your 1st NCL cr

morningstar4

"But with the MDRs, I loved just showing up and asking for a table.

Too bad it wasn't that easy with the specialties, that fill up fast---at least on the larger ships sailing the Caribbean.

Enjoy your cruise! "

I’ll only mention this once.

When you first arrive on the ship, go to the MDR and make note of the table’s numbers,

such as the preferred ones near the Aft windows.

Then, on the evening(s) when you go to the MDR, request from the Maître at check in,

a table type by number, or in a similar area.

You may have to wait, but at least you won’t be randomly seated near the kitchen door.

this is a great tip! I'm anxious about Freestyle, being a person who thoroughly enjoys planning the vast majority of vacations in advance. I appreciate the knowledge and will be sure to do so on our upcoming sailing of POA!

When they say coffee isn't included in UBP, it's specialty coffees-- I didn't know that regular coffee was free.

Also, modernos has a nice (quiet) buffet on embarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did not know about Moderno buffet. Is it complimentary? I know the have a salad bar that we use with their dinner.

Did not know about Moderno buffet. Is it complimentary? I know the have a salad bar that we use with their dinner.

It's free. But it's not the same salad bar as in the evening. It's a scaled down version of the regular buffet but WAY less crowded (they inadvertently left it off the planner and there were 3 tables filled). I think even if it is listed, it's much less crowded.

Bears mentioning again, but you may not be able to enjoy your private island day on Great Stirrup as even a slight ripple or gentle breeze tends to prevent NCL from tendering folks onshore.

Talk about gross exaggeration! I think you may be on the wrong board! I couldn't care less what Coco Cay has or will have.

1. Leave yourself open to some surprises. I did sooooo much research before my first cruise that nothing really surprised and delighted me. My husband, on the other hand, did no research and just relied on me so he had surprises and delights at every turn :)

That is us on every vacation! LOL!

Thanks for all the great tips :)

Toward end of cruise on sea day afternoon, keep your eye out for the Crew Talent Show. Especially if mention is made of "The Fountain". That skit must not be missed!! I passed over on many cruises before I discovered this hidden gem[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Toward end of cruise on sea day afternoon, keep your eye out for the Crew Talent Show. Especially if mention is made of "The Fountain". That skit must not be missed!! I passed over on many cruises before I discovered this hidden gem[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

will be on the lookout....sounds fun!

They tell that there is a nominal fee for texting and calling with the app .

Someone knows more about this

Thanks

On Jewel- iconcierge app allows texting and keeps track of your bookings. $7.95 per person for the week. Get it a few days before you leave.

On Jewel- iconcierge app allows texting and keeps track of your bookings. $7.95 per person for the week. Get it a few days before you leave.
Hmm...this is about the 4th or 5th different rendition of the cost of this service. Just wondering if it's different for different NCL ships. We are going on the Breakaway and I heard it is about $15 per device but not sure if that's per week or for the entire cruise. We are on a 14 day.

If you see the iSnap photo computers and think "hey this is cool!"

....it is until you look at your account and see they charge you $10 for it... ��

Curious... we were on the NCL Gem in February, and were not charged.

Sent copies/emails with pics, back to our kids at home.

Or, maybe we were using a different gizmo?

http://www.isnap.com/desktop/brand.php?id=452

Is there any information about this charge on the NCL web-site?

Edited by $hip$hape

The Vibe The Vibe The vibe...Spend the money and you will not regret it. Best money spent on any ship that has it..

Go up there one day open a 10ft umbrella next to the King size beds and have the bartender make you a pitcher of your favorite beverage and relax.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

So if you view a photo you are charged for it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Just if you use the "iSnap" computer. On Getaway there is one by the atrium bar and one by la cucina. There's no charge for viewing your pictures they take of you and put in your folder.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app