Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Thanks for the recommendation Jeff! Can't get there early, as the Muse doesn't dock until noon, but it's an overnight. I'll see if we can plan to make it an "end of opening time" visit then. Crowds are usually better in late afternoon at popular sites. Really blown away by the photos I've seen of this place.

Morning coolers. I've been absent of late. The office remodel has messed with my regular routine. Yesterday I was not in my regular office, and it threw me off all day. Today I am back in my own office, but not all the new furniture has been delivered. Hopefully, things will settle down next week.

I'm making my homemade spaghetti and meatballs with tomato sauce tonight for dinner. I will try to remember to post pictures.

Tomorrow we are going to my Favorite Indian restaurant for some Korma and Naan!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another "copy and paste" post J! :) It is becoming more and more obvious to me that your suggested approach would allow us to have a wonderful planning tool but the beauty is that this would also allow us to think outside the box! And that is a delightful option! Currently Myster is not a huge fan of the idea of moving. Not to a smaller place, not to a different location, just not MOVING! If I can demonstrate the benefits of making a change he might consider it. On the other hand, if it seems to make more sense to stay put (based on the analysis and not on curmudgeoness) then I can work with that too.

Your generous offer to assist is noted and muchly appreciated J!

Good evening all,

M, thinking about you and Myster ...... and I thoughtnof a book you may enjoy if you have time for such things. "Travels with Epicurus" by Daniel Klein.

I have a feeling you both might enjoy Daniel and his journey. I don't really feel I can do justice to a synopis but will leave the suggestion in the air .....

Yummy! You should invite me to come over and partake. You probably know about the veggetti; we use this contraption when we want to do fake pasta to avoid the calories. Use it with zucchini and it will be even better than with pasta... crunchy!

It's a Brittania Shots,

Many professional chefs seem to have them when you see their home kitchens on TV. However they withdrew the model I have with the lava grill because customers weren't buying the correct and expensive industrial extractor that you need with the smoke it produces. Gas hobs, the rest electric. The small oven doubles as a bread oven with stonenbase and steam. But you can buy lava bbq as inset appliances but youmabsolutely must have full industrial extraction. Our one pulls the doors shut!

The oven is absolutely perfect and was extremely good value. It has the bbq, hi flame wok ring, rottiserie and a true convection rather than fan oven all within 90cm.

Yummy pasta and meatballs, Shots!

Kate, I'm not familiar with that particular monastery, but have you visited Sintra? I'll assume you have, but if you have not, it's another easy day trip from Lisboa.

Shots,

We spent a lot of time looking when I redesigned my kitchen, and we were lucky with our choice. We looked at some very expensive French stuff and I'm pleased I gave it a miss. Although not always very attractive I'd have a look at some of the systems sold by catering suppliers for professional kitchens. I'd ensure a kitchen had a decent wok ring preferably 5kw+ (check your gas gives enoughnpressure) and there is considerable difference between proper convection ovens to domestic home fan ones. I also consider a rotisserie essentai and not just for chicken.

I'm looking forward to your new kitchen.

We are mostly electric, but have a propane tank for heat. We can add a line to the kitchen anytime. The kitchen space is very large. We currently have a formal dining room as well as a dining area in the kitchen. I would say the kitchen area is about 450 square feet with cathedral ceilings. It is currently large, but not functional or designed for a chef and definitely not my style. I have a design that will hopefully be incredibly functional as well as beautifully aesthetic to behold. We have yet to find a contractor that we feel will meet our needs, and this summer putting in fence and electronic gates has taken monetary precedence over the kitchen. I am hoping for next spring after our next Silversea cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Shots,

I'm not knowledgeable about how much volume of gas from propane but it sounds like you have lots of space. I'd love to see your kitchen plans ...... I love kitchen plans. :)

Just had our delivery for the morning all confirmed. So I'm planning a double coq au vin ie one for the weekend and one for the future with a Packingtons free range chuck, some nice carrots, shallotts and charlottes etc. We've some haddock for battered fish finger sandwiches and some Aberdeen Angus ribeye and some Maris Piper chips. Also some blueberries for some muffins. And I have decided to upgrade our red wine so I have some interesting bottles arriving tomorrow and I'll post the labels as we progress.

Happy days.

Greetings Coolers! Mongol horde has arrived. :) Lots of laughter and the wine flowed smoothly.

Food pics look yummy all! Daffodils are just starting to come up here JP.

Thanks for the book recommendation J! It looks like the perfect read for us at this point! It got good reviews on goodreads.com as well.

Have a great day all!

I've been doing a little bit of thinking about the spreadsheets J and I have a quick question if that's ok. Do you have or did you have your spreadsheets linked so that an entry in one would be automatically copied to another? Or did you copy and paste from one to another? Were they separate files or pages within the same file? I'm not an expert with spreadsheets. Help would be appreciated! :) Thank you!

I've been doing a little bit of thinking about the spreadsheets J and I have a quick question if that's ok. Do you have or did you have your spreadsheets linked so that an entry in one would be automatically copied to another? Or did you copy and paste from one to another? Were they separate files or pages within the same file? I'm not an expert with spreadsheets. Help would be appreciated! :) Thank you!

Copy>paste link! Essential.

Otherwise you will get hopelessly lost and not know what is up to date and what is not. By linking them you basically have a modelling tool that you can say "what if ......."

Good Morning Coolers! Sandwiches, my favorite meal! I like both sauces, but when I prepare the tomato sauce I mix ketchup with mayonnaise and add a squirt of lime. Very rudimentary, but I love it with fish. Off to my drama club today. I am playing Amanda in Christopher Durang's parody of The Glass Menagerie. It's a lot of fun! Have a great day all.