Portside vs Starboard

Joal

Going on a transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Europe. Can someone tell me which side is better port side or starboard. We have the opportunity

to choose a cabin mid ship on either side. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Joal

I don't think it will make much different...the sea looks the same from both sides! In port, they try to give equal time to both sides when docking, if possible.

Again...you continue to post about docking being "equal" this just isn't true....several factors are taken into consideration at the time of docking by the captain and the harbor master...."equality" isn't one of them !

If you are going to the Med and have a balcony, you want to be on the starboard side because eastbound, you will have the sun on your side of the ship. If you are going to northern Europe you will still have more sun on starboard side but angle won't be as good. If you don't have a balcony, it makes no difference. EM

I guess it might not make much difference since we will be going East all the time. Am I right? Think we will stick with the port side cabin. Thank you all for your answers.

Joal

I guess it might not make much difference since we will be going East all the time. Am I right? Think we will stick with the port side cabin. Thank you all for your answers.

Joal

Yes, you will be going east virtually all the time. Since most eastbound T/A's are in the Spring, when the Atlantic will still be cool from the Winter, being on the port side means that you will always be on the shady side of the ship - no difference if you have an inside, some difference if you have an ocean view, and a huge difference if you have a balcony.

• 1 month later...
Yes, you will be going east virtually all the time. Since most eastbound T/A's are in the Spring, when the Atlantic will still be cool from the Winter, being on the port side means that you will always be on the shady side of the ship - no difference if you have an inside, some difference if you have an ocean view, and a huge difference if you have a balcony.

After all, we ended up getting a starboard cabin. This is because we could get a cabin more mid ship, and very close to the elevators, which we love. We could make the change at no extra cost. This is a balcony cabin, so starboard will be great. Thank you all for your input

Joal

• 2 weeks later...