Single Cabins

Sandtrap328

One of my single friends is now cruising on NCL's Escape. He was able to get a cabin called a Studio. It is a small inside cabin of 99 sq. feet but has a king size bed, closet, and bathroom. It is a private area of similar size cabins and there is a separate lounge for these single passengers to meet and get to know other singles. Best is that it is priced for one per person and not paying double.

It would be a great idea if Celebrity would follow suit and have a section of small single cabins priced for a single person.

99sqft? Not for me; id be claustrophobic.

I've been solo in suites on several occasions; there is never too much room. Too little room is another story....

I too wish that Celebrity would offer single cabins; but hope they will give us a couple single suites.

I have seen photos of the Studios and I am with Olive......waaayyyyy too small for me.:eek:......the pictures look like something

out of kids room or something of that nature.....I sail solo and a regular cabin is fine for me but 100 square feet? No thanks.

And meeting people on board is easy (for me anyway)....I would rather be out and about......the studio thing doesn't appeal

to me.

I have seen photos of the Studios and I am with Olive......waaayyyyy too small for me.:eek:......the pictures look like something

out of kids room or something of that nature.....I sail solo and a regular cabin is fine for me but 100 square feet? No thanks.

And meeting people on board is easy (for me anyway)....I would rather be out and about......the studio thing doesn't appeal

to me.

I'm glad you qualified your statement by saying "for me anyway" as I think you are an exception. There are many many singles who have trouble meeting others. Especially older folks who may be single after a long time with someone else. It 's wonderful that a cruise line recognizes this as a need and works to make it as comfortable and conducive to enjoying one's trip as possible. This a very very hard thing for some people to embark on. It has always been a sore spot with me that cruise lines have assumed you either have a traveling companion or can pay twice the fare. This type of set up should be available in all class cabins imo.

I'm glad you qualified your statement by saying "for me anyway" as I think you are an exception. There are many many singles who have trouble meeting others. Especially older folks who may be single after a long time with someone else. It 's wonderful that a cruise line recognizes this as a need and works to make it as comfortable and conducive to enjoying one's trip as possible. This a very very hard thing for some people to embark on. It has always been a sore spot with me that cruise lines have assumed you either have a traveling companion or can pay twice the fare. This type of set up should be available in all class cabins imo.

Yes, I was speaking for myself:)......can't speak for others...glad NCL offers them what they need.

Guess I am lucky, after 58 years on this earth, I have always found meeting people on a cruise ship is quite easy.

I'd definitely give a solo balcony cabin a shot. It would be nice to be able to pay less for my cabin than I do now when traveling solo. As long as the cabin wasn't too tiny!

It also seems that on NCL (which has the most solo cabins) you can often get an inside as a solo for less than the price of the "studio" cabin...and I suspect that the few RCCL solo cabins are snapped up right away at full price and thus you could get a regular-size cabin to yourself for less if you keep an eye on prices. So...I guess I'm not too upset that Celebrity doesn't have them. :)

Yes, I was speaking for myself:)......can't speak for others...glad NCL offers them what they need.

Guess I am lucky, after 58 years on this earth, I have always found meeting people on a cruise ship is quite easy.

I'm with you, Lois. Easy to make friends on cruises. There are always Woo Hooers on any sailing I'm on.

I do hate eating alone though. Table for one doesn't have a pleasant ring to it.

The larger the cabin, the happier I am....

NCL's studios are usually more expensive than a regular inside cabin and you get a whole lot less space. I've gone solo in inside, outside and balcony cabins and after researching the studios, I'd much rather have anything but the studio cabins. They are just super small and I don't mind small spaces, but wow, those are tight. :o