British Isles-Caribbean Princess July 12, 2017

wanderlust8888

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Belfast and Greenock-Glasgow Just booked very reasonable tours by Viator by going to Trip Advisor. abelfast is with Paddywagon, Greenock w Timberbush. MUCH cheaper than ship tour. When searching, I learned that if you don't search "shore excursion" you'll get trips that start from other points than cruiseport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Toursbylocal.com has some private tours for anywhere from 4 to 8 pax. about $125, roughly, each. Anyone interested? This one is for 4: Collect client from cruise ship for full driving tour of Edinburgh including Old Town and Newtown UNESCO World Heritage sites. History and significance fully explained during tour. Visits to interesting places and nearby villages. Drive to explore magnificent castle in countryside. Options include visit to distillery historic town and further castle with optional if time ashore permits. Historic villages with interesting church should be possible. Meal and refreshment stops as required. return to cruise ship. Itinerary can be adjusted to include country house visit or clients own interests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the same cruise on the Caribbean Princess back in 2012. From Inverness, my wife and I joined 4 wonderful ladies for a private tour with Hugh Allison - an outstanding guide, historian and author of several historical books. Our tour out of Inverness went over and back across the Highlands to Isle of Skye - visiting several castles and Lock Ness. Hugh new his "stuff" and was always able to answer any question in between his entertaining stories. Hugh is now the owner of Inverness Day Tours (invernesstours.com). You can check them out on TripAdvisor.

Thanks, Larry and Nan. I did find another couple to share an Inverness tour. Hugh sounds first class! Still looking for Edinburgh info. Are there shuttles or taxis readily available at the Leith cruiseport to get into Edin. for HOHO tour?

Thanks, Larry and Nan. I did find another couple to share an Inverness tour. Hugh sounds first class! Still looking for Edinburgh info. Are there shuttles or taxis readily available at the Leith cruiseport to get into Edin. for HOHO tour?

Sorry, do not know. When we were on the Caribbean Princess, we were tendered into South Queensferry on the other side of Edinburgh.

Toursbylocal.com has some private tours for anywhere from 4 to 8 pax. about $125, roughly, each. Anyone interested? This one is for 4: Collect client from cruise ship for full driving tour of Edinburgh including Old Town and Newtown UNESCO World Heritage sites. History and significance fully explained during tour. Visits to interesting places and nearby villages. Drive to explore magnificent castle in countryside. Options include visit to distillery historic town and further castle with optional if time ashore permits. Historic villages with interesting church should be possible. Meal and refreshment stops as required. return to cruise ship. Itinerary can be adjusted to include country house visit or clients own interests. Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you're looking for someone to join you on this tour, you need to post your question in the roll call for your sailing date.