NCL Jade January 16th 2018 10 Day Cruise Gone.........

Laszlo

There is only ONE Western Caribbean cruise out of NYC in 2018....I sure hope they don't cancel it for a charter.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't cancel the 26th. It took us months to narrow it down from 4 other cruises :')

Good morning

We are booked on the Jade for 11 day panama canal February 5th to 16, 2018. Anyone else notice that that date is also MIA as an option on NCL website, our travel agent has not yet advised us that it was cancelled but we are concerned as we have already booked flights and hotel :o and really was looking forward to this itinerary :loudcry:...

Good morning

We are booked on the Jade for 11 day panama canal February 5th to 16, 2018. Anyone else notice that that date is also MIA as an option on NCL website, our travel agent has not yet advised us that it was cancelled but we are concerned as we have already booked flights and hotel :o and really was looking forward to this itinerary :loudcry:...

You booked flights this far in advanced? It could be a glitch but my bet its a cruise. Call NCL and ask

Personally I don't consider nine months in advance is that far out to start making plans. We have a cruise booked on the Celebrity Silhoutte for 1/26/2018 and everything but insides are sold out already and has been for a few months now. I'm concerned about rumor of the 1/6/2018 Epic being chartered also. Does anyone know what NCL does when they cancel your cruise besides refund your deposit?

Personally I don't consider nine months in advance is that far out to start making plans. We have a cruise booked on the Celebrity Silhoutte for 1/26/2018 and everything but insides are sold out already and has been for a few months now. I'm concerned about rumor of the 1/6/2018 Epic being chartered also. Does anyone know what NCL does when they cancel your cruise besides refund your deposit?

I am booked on the 1/6/2018 epic cruise. I haven't gotten a cancellation notice yet. Where did you hear the rumor?

This year stayed at hotel that hosted the Holy Ship charter that sailed on Epic. When we inquired if they would be back next year the hotel said yes as far as they knew they had rooms reserved for them for that date (1/5/2018) Looked at web site and one lists 1/5/2018 on the Epic as a date and ship although it's says dates ":unconfirmed". Hopefully this is just rumor. NCL is still selling this cruise so I assume nothing is finalized yet.

Edited by tartan cruiser

I googled "Holy Ship 2018 dates". The web site with the space lab in it's address is the one that lists the dates and ship.

Yeah there are a few sites listing that date. I will just keep an ear out. We haven't booked anything else yet. The cruise on the 20th would probably work for us. Maybe we will get some bonus on board credit for this. Bummed to push it further out though.

I've been keeping an eye on this sailing since I heard it might be booked as a charter. We booked this cruise in May/2016. I felt we were now safe from cancellation since I didn't think NCL would cancel for a charter less than 9 months out. When I saw Jade was just recently cancelled for January/2018 charter it becomes more concerning to me. Prices and availability on other cruises are rising and we are limited to dates that work for us. Like I said we already have a 1/26/2018 cruise booked on Celebrity. I guess I should start looking at other options as a backup.

Booked flights in advance because we are flying from 8 hours north of Toronto to Miami, tough to get good deals, often pay more for short haul from northern Ontario to Toronto. Couldn't pass up the deal...but all good so far, travel agent has confirmed cruise is still a go, only a change or port to date that was announced this week.

• 4 weeks later...

So, anyone know how far in advance they let you know that your cruise is canceled due to a charter? My brother is flying from California and checking his flight rates and wants to grab a good one if he sees it. Our cruise is Jan 2018. How do they handle people who have paid for plane tickets? Or should one wait till final payment date before booking a flight? I am getting nervous....more for my brother then us. We live here in NJ so it's not a huge deal if it gets canceled but it will be for him if he buys plane tickets.

Last year we were booked on Jade and cancelled twice. There will be some sort of replacement cruise offer with OBC. Amount tied to cabin type.

We had not booked air but NCL offered to pay change fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year we were booked on Jade and cancelled twice. There will be some sort of replacement cruise offer with OBC. Amount tied to cabin type.

We had not booked air but NCL offered to pay change fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.... crossing fingers we won't have to go through all that.

Epic 1/6/2018 is now missing also. Hope it's not a charter.

I called NCL this morning and the agent I spoke to told me that it is not showing as a charter. She said they do have 3 charters but on different ship. Her words to me " you are good to go with the 3 cabins you have booked. Do I believe her, not really. I am waiting for my TA to call me. I did a mock booking on my TA's site and it said no categories available.

Thanks again for your post on the roll call. I would not have known about this otherwise.