Cayo Levantado- lockers?

KNcruisers

Hi,

We are doing the Cayo Levantado excurion with RCI. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are lockers to lock your belongings in, since we'd like to be able to swim, snorkel, kayak or whatever without worrying about leaving our backpack on the beach, or bringing it in the water. We don't plan on taking valuables (just sunscreen, sunglasses, cheap camera, etc), but it would be nice to leave the somewhere and not hold onto them the whole 4 or 5 hours we'll be there. Thanks!!

We were there in March and I don't remember lockers. We left our stuff on our chairs and went down to the beach and walked over to buy lunch, etc. No one bothered it. Everyone pretty much left their stuff on their chairs. I wouldn't worry about it especially since it's not anything you're too concerned about. We had a nice digital camera and my Kindle in our backpack and they were fine.

Thanks, good to know. Normally, at any other beach nearby, we just leave our stuff with our blanket and chairs and swim in the water right in front of our stuff - wasn't sure how good of an idea that would be there. But if everyone else seems to do it, I guess it's OK to do. The only thing I'd be worried about losing is a digital camera... not because I couldn't replace the camera, but becuase I couldn't replace the pictures I would have already taken by then! Lockers would be a good idea though, I'm sure people would use them.

I agree, I didn't see lockers.

I will say this, Cayo Leventado is now a favorite of my family. We have been on 4 Cruises, stopped at about 12 or 13 different ports, and although just a simple beach day, we LOVED it.

I did not see any lockers last July. We left stuff at the chairs (a couple of digital cameras, $40 for lunch, soft side cooler with water bottles, etc) when we were in the water.

It was a great beach day (doing it again this July)

Archived