Rodney Bay in St. Lucia, Anyone been there?

debshomespun

We would like to just go to a beach for the day and have read many good things about Rodney Bay. Has anyone gone there recently, and how was it? What services do they have available, such as food, restrooms, and what is the beach like? Was it crowded? About how long is it?

We are thinking of just taking a taxi or the bus to Rodney Bay for the day. TIA!

Reduit Beach on Rodney Bay is beautiful. We took a taxi there and did not pay him until he picked us up at a designated time. We were dropped off at the Rex hotel, paid a few dollars for a chair and had a great time. There are some restaurant options right on the beach and lots of water sports. I am looking forward to my next visit there in April.

I did not notice, but the taxi ride did not take that long. The beach is great, in fact we are going to go there again on our next stop. If you walk to the right as you enter the beach area you will think it is isolated then you will find a great little beach bar.

Reduit Beach on Rodney Bay is beautiful. We took a taxi there and did not pay him until he picked us up at a designated time. We were dropped off at the Rex hotel, paid a few dollars for a chair and had a great time. There are some restaurant options right on the beach and lots of water sports. I am looking forward to my next visit there in April.

could you tell me how much the taxi cost,and could you get there by public bus

Thanks

Nigkar

could you tell me how much the taxi cost,and could you get there by public bus

Thanks

Nigkar

We visited Reduit Beach just a few days ago and paid $6 USD pp. There was 8 of us in the taxi van. Great beach--but does get evry crowded with cruise ships pax and hotel guests..but nontheless lots of fun!!!

here ya go. not the best pics as I didn't use my camera all that much on this past cruise...but it'll give you an idea. There are small boutique type hotels and resorts that line the beach area (last photo). To the left of that hotel is the beach bar (located conveniently at the entrance to the beach)

Its actually a pretty beach-these pics don't do it justice.

Also nice for a semi-long walk. We had a great day there with lots of sunshine & water was warm. Hope you enjoy!!

059.jpg.36b1b8c2dd1fb7eddf3042e06116631e.jpg

060.jpg.7e4d3b15ffa4c101c137fb895048daae.jpg

066.jpg.bfc97a511574aba3e8fe490f0c1823c5.jpg

068.jpg.0a225cdaa1cda09f3967e41d4ca1bb82.jpg

oh..I forgot to mention that you have to pay 1 USD to use the beach bar/restaurant bathroom facilities. Yes, u heard me right...1USD dollar.

Unless of course you have lunch at the restaurant--then you can use it for free!! :p Crazy isn't it. No matter how many alcoholic drinks (which are very good) you purchase from them, you still gotta pay the buck.

Sunsurf==thanks for the pictures. They are great!

I am not going until first part of Nov/09. Robertevanover, if you would please take some more pictures and post them. I would like to see how long the beach is for walking purposes, (1 mile, 2 miles or more) and does it go on and on in front of other resorts? Are there lots of palm trees along the beach, and are they the really tall ones, or some that are shorter ones?

• 4 weeks later...

We have gone on a day pass to Sandals Grande St. Lucian up there a number of times. Yep... a little pricey, but everything was included (except of course, getting there) and we had fun. They are between Reduit Beach and Pigeon Point. Agreed, it is beautiful.

We just returned from our cruise , and really enjoyed Reduit Beach at Rodney Bay. We took a van with 6 others from our ship and paid $6.00 a person for the ride there (15minutes) and we all decided on a time to leave and the van was there when it was time to go back. Again $6.00 a person . The beach is really nice, several small bars and one large restaurant, beach chairs and umbrellas are available ( 2 chairs and an umbrella was $15.00), and the piton beer wasn't bad either. Water sports are also available : jet skis, banana boat, etc. this beach was exactly what we wanted and had a great day.

• 6 months later...

I booked my group of 28 clients with Frank Charles while in St. Lucia. We rode on a very nice air conditioned bus with Brunes, our driver, and Martha, our tour guide. They were both very informative guides.

We drove thru the expansive Banana Plantations to the Waterfalls. We had gorgeous views of the Pitons and Marigot Bay. We were amazed to see where the volcano had erupted years before and to see the geysers and boiling muddy waters splashing up from the ground. Frank met us here and made sure that we were all being well taken care of. He helped to hand out the beverages of water, soda, beer, and rum punch. Very refreshing.

We ate lunch at the Beacon Restaurant, an adorably decorated place with breathtaking views of both the fishing village and the pitons. The buffet had delicious food including salads, rice, chicken, fish, plantains, and other choices. The waitresses served us refreshing lemonade, as well as ice cream for dessert.

Rodney Bay Beach was never reached since we had so much fun visiting the other sights that we stayed there longer than we had originally planned. We will just have to return to this beautiful Island to see all that we missed this trip.

I would strongly recommend booking your excursion with Frank. He was excellent at keeping in touch and helping to plan our brief stay on St. Lucia.

Archived