guaranteed rooms

asguaguer

Hello,

I have a question.If a have a guaranteed room I don,t know the number of staterooms until the embarkament? or is possible to know it before¿ I had a guaranteed room in disney line and I knew the room before the embarkamnet.What about it in princess?

Thanks

Chances are you will know your room number before boarding the ship.

Only once did we not find out UNTIL arriving at the pier and the room number was given to us at that time. (But that was only once is 14 cruises.) Part of the fun is anticipation!

Not sure if things are done different here in the UK but when I made my booking I asked what cabins were available on the deck I was I interested in and their price and was given a choice of around 6 good cabins. Was on the PC with the deck plan on the screen at the time of the call so chose the one I wanted. Tickets came through and it is the cabin I requested.

Have done this numerous times with other cruise lines and have always had the cabin I have initially requested. The only time I would have been happy to have this swapped is if it had been upgraded FOC.

Hello,

I have a question.If a have a guaranteed room I don,t know the number of staterooms until the embarkament? or is possible to know it before¿ I had a guaranteed room in disney line and I knew the room before the embarkamnet.What about it in princess?

Thanks

We just got off the CB in London on Sunday. This was a B2B; a 12 day cruise and a 7 day cruise. For the first one we got our cabin 2 days before flight and for the 2nd, while on the ship during the first cruise. Also three days before.

Not sure if things are done different here in the UK but when I made my booking I asked what cabins were available on the deck I was I interested in and their price and was given a choice of around 6 good cabins. Was on the PC with the deck plan on the screen at the time of the call so chose the one I wanted. Tickets came through and it is the cabin I requested.

Have done this numerous times with other cruise lines and have always had the cabin I have initially requested. The only time I would have been happy to have this swapped is if it had been upgraded FOC.

You were booking a particular cabin in a particular category. the OP is booking a cabin category, not a specific cabin, which will be assigned by the cruise line. EM

sign into the cruise personalizer...click on your cruise...on the right ride will be travel summary/ print boarding passes...click on it and look there....for a room assignment!

I got mine Gty assigned 24 hours after booking this time.

Bernadette

Chances are you will know your room number before boarding the ship.

Only once did we not find out UNTIL arriving at the pier and the room number was given to us at that time. (But that was only once is 14 cruises.) Part of the fun is anticipation!

So true! We have an inside (Cat. L) guarantee booked for our cruise in 9 days and still don't have an assignment. At this point, I'm just having fun wondering what we will get. We could get just about anything. I plan to print our docs and luggage tags this weekend regardless of whether we have an assignment, and then just keep checking. I'll especially be watching at the 3 day mark that Pia experienced. And if we don't find out until we get to the pier, then it just adds to the excitement and anticipation of the day! :D

So true! We have an inside (Cat. L) guarantee booked for our cruise in 9 days and still don't have an assignment. At this point, I'm just having fun wondering what we will get. We could get just about anything. I plan to print our docs and luggage tags this weekend regardless of whether we have an assignment, and then just keep checking. I'll especially be watching at the 3 day mark that Pia experienced. And if we don't find out until we get to the pier, then it just adds to the excitement and anticipation of the day! :D

Yes, it really does. Good luck! :)

Just a heads up!

An experience I've had, we were cruising just before Christmas and printing was the last thing on my mind, and had I not be advised by a Princess TA would not have know. Once you hit the less than 7 day mark you cannot print your cruise documents. Including boarding passes and luggage tags.

Once you hit the less than 7 day mark you cannot print your cruise documents. Including boarding passes and luggage tags.

Not true.

You cannot make changes to the personalzier several days in advance of the cruise, but you can sign in and print boarding passes and luggage tags up until the day of boarding.

I have done 3 guarantee bookings over the past 3 years. The first 2 I didn't get the room assignment until 2 weeks before the sail date. I just booked a Christmas cruise for this year and one week after booking I received my room assignment. I like the idea of waiting and booking a guarantee. As someone eluded to earlier, it builds anticipation and I have been lucky enough to be given great rooms from what my guarantee was.

Not true.

You cannot make changes to the personalzier several days in advance of the cruise, but you can sign in and print boarding passes and luggage tags up until the day of boarding.

I can only tell you what I experienced.. No changes to personalizer and not print function. :(

Even if you are assigned a cabin #, it can and might be changed anytime prior to boarding.

~Doris~

Once they assign a guarantee, I would hope that if they changed it, it would be an "upgrade" rather than a "downgrade". So, if I have an inside guarantee and end up being assigned an OV, they wouldn't then change me back to an inside, would they?

I know that all Suites, Mini Suites and Balconies were SOLD OUT on my cruise before it completely sold out. But there had still been OVs left. I am nearly positive that I won't get anything better than an obstructed OV, and I'll still be fine if I end up with an inside. Of course, if someone cancels a PH suite at the last minute, I'd be happy to take it. :D

Yes, it really does. Good luck! :)

I'm 16 days from embarking and the anticipation is KILLING me! I'm not finding it fun anymore.

I seriously check at least 5x a day. The cruise has been sold out for over 2-3 weeks.

Last night my DH was online and accidentally woke me up in the middle of the night complaining about receiving a princess email on his "personal" account. I had added it on his information when completing the online info.--I thought it would only email if related to the cruise, not the general "blog" emails and such. Anyway, I got so excited that he said he got an email (still thinking it was related to the sailing) that at 2:30am I pulled my laptop up to check and see if we got assigned our cabin.

I'm helpless. It's not bad enough waiting for the cruise to get here, now i might have to wait until 2-3 days or even check in time for the assignment. LOL. I have booked guarantees about 6 or 7 times and generally have been assigned as early as 24 hours after booking and latest about a month before the cruise. I know that's always been a possibility, just haven't prepared myself for it...

We booked a guarantee on July 1 for our Caribbean cruise in April of next year. This is the first time we've booked a guarantee...do they usually wait until AFTER final payment to assign a room, or doesn't it matter?

We booked a BA guarantee, hoping for an upgrade to a minisuite...even if it doesn't happen, we'll be thrilled with a BA...as far as we're concerned, Lido or Caribe decks are great!

I know we're a long way out, but just would like to know if I'm wasting my time checking the personalizer before final payment has been made (not due until January)...

Thanks everyone!

We booked a guarantee on July 1 for our Caribbean cruise in April of next year. This is the first time we've booked a guarantee...do they usually wait until AFTER final payment to assign a room, or doesn't it matter?

I have been assigned my cabin from a GTY booking as soon as an hour after booking and this was months before final payment.

I also have received my GTY cabin assigment in the last week before embarkation.

So, no way to predict when it might happen, but it can happen before final payment.

Once they assign a guarantee, I would hope that if they changed it, it would be an "upgrade" rather than a "downgrade".

It should never be a downgrade.

Every now and then when they really need the cabin you have been assigned, they may offer a downgrade with some OBC to compensate. You do not have to take them up on this offer if it is made.

I'm 16 days from embarking and the anticipation is KILLING me! I'm not finding it fun anymore.

I seriously check at least 5x a day. The cruise has been sold out for over 2-3 weeks.

Last night my DH was online and accidentally woke me up in the middle of the night complaining about receiving a princess email on his "personal" account. I had added it on his information when completing the online info.--I thought it would only email if related to the cruise, not the general "blog" emails and such. Anyway, I got so excited that he said he got an email (still thinking it was related to the sailing) that at 2:30am I pulled my laptop up to check and see if we got assigned our cabin.

I'm helpless. It's not bad enough waiting for the cruise to get here, now i might have to wait until 2-3 days or even check in time for the assignment. LOL. I have booked guarantees about 6 or 7 times and generally have been assigned as early as 24 hours after booking and latest about a month before the cruise. I know that's always been a possibility, just haven't prepared myself for it...

Stop checking five times a day. Check on Saturday and then Tuesday and Wednesday.

And, no matter what anyone says, you can print your boarding pass and luggage tags up until the last day.

Stop checking five times a day. Check on Saturday and then Tuesday and Wednesday.

And, no matter what anyone says, you can print your boarding pass and luggage tags up until the last day.

Wait an ENTIRE DAY before checking? Saturday is a long way away! LOL....

I've already printed our docs. I'll reprint if the room is assigned between now and then, but not too worried about it...just anxious to see where I land....I've never had a "true" upgrade before and I booked the next to highest in my category so hoping that will make a difference, it's my new strategy. LOL. We'll see how it works out. Not holding my breath, and in all honesty, I'm very happy with the locations of the cabins in my category or the one above before moving onto the really cool rooms!

I'm just being a little compulsive at the moment...i think there need to be a lot more people posting on the Princess board to keep me occupied. I get confused when I jump over to RCI for more to read (and for my November cruise).

Why Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday? Do you know something about when and how they do room assignments?

I'll probably still check hourly while at work tomorrow, just because I'm bored. I'll definitely be checking Saturday (the 1 week mark!) and will print docs if I don't see anything by mid-day.

Once they assign a guarantee, I would hope that if they changed it, it would be an "upgrade" rather than a "downgrade". So, if I have an inside guarantee and end up being assigned an OV, they wouldn't then change me back to an inside, would they?

I know that all Suites, Mini Suites and Balconies were SOLD OUT on my cruise before it completely sold out. But there had still been OVs left. I am nearly positive that I won't get anything better than an obstructed OV, and I'll still be fine if I end up with an inside. Of course, if someone cancels a PH suite at the last minute, I'd be happy to take it. :D

On our last cruise back in may, we were upgraded from an inside to the highest category ocean view! It was fabulous. SO SEE it can happen! Hopefully it will happen to you. I have a guarantee balcony for April and no cabin assigned yet, so it's gonna be a long wait! Enjoy your cruise! :D

Hello,

Thanks

On every guarantee we've booked we've had a cabin assignment before we had to make final payment. You will hear stories about last minute assignments but they are generally the exception.

I believe I saw something in writing from Princess stating the assignment would be made 7 days prior.

One can check in your booking summary page for the assignment, and within the last few days one can check by clicking on the item to the right which says to print travel information/ boarding passes.

The boarding pass will have your assignment cabin number.

Archived