who was your favorite cruise director and why?

Joff Eaton...fabulous sense of humour....He reminds me of John Cleese from Monty Python....I also really like Kevin Spacey...I also like Ken Rush.. The more I think about it, I guess I like a lot of them..I am easy to please (lol)...But Joff is still my favorite...

We had Allan Brooks on Freedom 2 years ago. He was great. Awesome sense of humor, could really think on his feet. Loved him doing the Quest. Seemed he was everywhere on the ship. Even played dodgeball against him.

Hard to pick my absolute favorite, but Richard Spacey and Graham Seymour are the top two...by far! No other CDs even start to compare to them. I love their energy levels, senses of humor, and both are extremely talented in addition to their job.

I just had Abel Jeney as a CD and being a fairly new CD, he was okay. James Andrews was also okay.

Additionally, Jimmy Rhodes was very funny with a lot of energy, but he comes off a bit strong.

Any CD who maintains a low profile .... who can manage his/her staff in a professional manner ... and provide the us (the passengers) with a reasonable or better cruise experience ... is our favourite.

We've had several very good CD's on both our RCL and NCL cruises, and Clo O'Connor stands out as one of the better CD's overall.

Michael and Silke

I've had 3 favorites.

1. Richard Spacey - What I liked about Richard was he was great on his feet. The Quest we saw with him was the best one. He was also hilarious during the Love & Marriage show. My DH loved the shows they would play on TV where he starred, like the parady of Top Gun.

2. Chris Northey - While Chris wasn't as great as Richard in some of the hosting, his morning shows on the TV would crack me up. Him, and his assistant director Leigh, were too funny. We would honestly watch some of them a few times because we thought they were hysterical.

3. Leigh - I wish I knew what Leigh's last name was. He was the assistant with Chris, but we also had him as our CD on the Liberty years before. He remembered my grandparents who were on the Love & Marriage show years before. He told us when we saw him on the Explorer (with Chris) that he was only standing in for 2 weeks.

So far, we haven't ever had a bad CD. I just don't remember who the other 2 we've had were, so I think that says something :)

If all that Mike S. did was "Fountains" he would have been the best, but he was much more than just that.

I also really liked John Blair, his Neil Diamond act was fantastic.

I haven't had any of the big names: Grahm Seymor, Richard Spacey. So I can't compare John and Mike to them.

I don't usually take much notice but several years ago there was a husband & wife (she had very curly hair) that we had on two of our RCI cruises and they were an amazing duo...Sorry can't remember their names..The ones we have had on recent cruises made no impression on us at all...

Edited by Ashland

Jorge Solano was the best cruise director I've ever experiences! He was the CD on the Carnival Triumph in May 2009 and on the Glory in May 2010. Shortly after the 2010 cruise he got married and retired. Sure do miss Jorge! He was so personable. And always had a way to make you laugh!

Karen

Edited by nurseingu

If all that Mike S. did was "Fountains" he would have been the best, but he was much more than just that.

I haven't had any of the big names: Grahm Seymor, Richard Spacey. So I can't compare John and Mike to them.

OMG - "Fountains" was fantastic!!! I especially loved how he hyped it up at every opportunity prior to the performance! Here's a video of it I found on You Tube:

OMG - "Fountains" was fantastic!!! I especially loved how he hyped it up at every opportunity prior to the performance! Here's a video of it I found on You Tube:

:D Oh thanks for posting the link! "Fountains" was hilarious and Mike was definitely the star of that show.

Saw the "Fountains" on the Liberty and that was hilarious. Enjoyed him and also had Allen Brooks on the Allure. He was great also.

I usually don't remember the Cruise Directors. We've had some that have done a good job and others that were just okay. BUT, when we sailed Oasis last year, RICHARD SPACEY was SO head and shoulders above the rest that we definitely remember his name!!!

We'll probably have Ken Rush on our upcoming Allure cruise. I haven't seen him mentioned on this thread. Is he good?

Ricky Matthews!! He did an amazing job on our Serenade cruise last year!! So much energy, very entertaining...I have read other reviews of CDs who are never around, but Ricky was EVERYWHERE! DH and I ran into him at the Sunset Bar, Maho Beach on St. Maarten- very nice guy too!