wedding decorations, carnival liberty

Hey guys,

We are getting married on the Carnival Liberty, POM, in November. I haven't heard anything from TWE yet, (even with multiple emails and phone calls), and I am wondering, do I need to bring decorations for the venues or will they at least put table cloths down etc. I know this sounds silly, but I am seeing so many people on here saying they had to board with giant bags of things their coordinator had to set up, that I am just wondering about that.

Also, do they provide a special changing area for the bride/groom or is it too much to think that they might let us "not see" each other in our formal wear for the event? :)

Thanks!!

I'm also getting married on the Liberty, but I'm in October. Anyway, I requested that both our cabin and my in-laws cabin be ready so that we both have somewhere to get ready. It wasn't a problem at all and all I did was call the Carnival Weddings number and ask.

As far as decorations go, I was told that whatever the room you are placed in will have standard table cloths... So basically whatever the room looks like normally (without the extra cake table, food setup and entertainment that you choose) is what it will look like. We are not doing much as far as decorations. I'm making the bouquets and keeping some extra flowers from that separate to stick in the cake and I bought some personalized napkins from OTC.

Hope this helps!

We are getting married on the first day, while still in port at Miami.

Thanks for the info on your upcoming wedding!! Congrats!! I feel like whatever they do will be enough... that was the point of simplifying it and making it a cruise wedding, right??

Thanks!:)

The wedding space will have two whiteish pillars and silk floral arrangments to serve as the altars--I think they also provide a white aisle runner.

They will try to decorate your reception space, but it's with ice sculpture (if your package includes one) and tableclothes, etc. You have the option to bring tulle, cake topper, ribbons, etc, etc.

We're trying to stay on the minimal side because our "hopeful" spaces are already pretty gorgeous.

I don't plan on bringing any decorations. Me and my dress are decorative enough! :D;) Just kidding.

I agree with sun loving girl: keep it simple.

The only thing I am doing is upgrading the flowers for the altar/ pillars. I really don't like that white flower arrangement and hate even more that it's in everyone's photos.

I remember being at a wedding at resort in Jamaica and the staff members took decorative flower arrangement from our site for another wedding. :eek: That won't be happening at my reception. Smh.

• 4 weeks later...

Im getting married on July 21, 2012 on carnival liberty. and i have spoken with coordinators and they said they are in charge of everything. If you want to add your own touch your more than welcome. i bought gumpaste flowers and seashells to add to my cake. I also bought my own unity candle .

Have fun with the planning :)

Im getting married on July 21, 2012 on carnival liberty. and i have spoken with coordinators and they said they are in charge of everything. If you want to add your own touch your more than welcome. i bought gumpaste flowers and seashells to add to my cake. I also bought my own unity candle .

Have fun with the planning :)

Hey!

So they will let you use a unity candle if you bring your own!? This is news to me... cool!

Congrats! take pictures! :)

On the floral upgrade form by the ceremony arrangements it says only that the pillars are provided by the ship. Does anyone know if the pillars will be empty if you don't purchase the upgraded flowers?

The pillars will come with white silk flower arrangements

• 1 year later...

Hi ,Instead of putting down table cloth why don’t you try renting them ,During my sister wedding I had to face a budget cut down because of that I rented them from a recommended vendor called Sculptware,you could check down with them if you are really interested in putting up decors you could check down with them for decors.

First off, CONGRATS! :)

I just got home from my wedding on the Carnival Conquest, we were also married on Embrakation day in the Port of Miami.

I barely spoke with TWE until the actually day of the wedding, other than your finalization email with them right before you sail.

For your ceremony, you are given two white pillars with white floral arragements on the top, and a white aisle runner. You can upgrade the floral arragement, but I really didnt find it necessray.

For your reception, you are given table clothes, and the decorate a little on the food table with an ice sculpture, if that is the package you chose, and with some flowers.

We brought very little decorations, 2 small boxes, and one had our favors. They did set up our favors for us. We added ribbon to our cake, and our own cake topper, we also added shells to the cake table and "Mr and Mrs" Banner. It personalized a little bit, but other than that the reception goes quickly and people don't have too much time to admire decor.

Let me know what else I can answer for you, its very fresh in my mind, we just got home Monday :)

Courtney