Celebrity Millennium Reviews have me worried

Tea3

Hello,

I am ready to book a July 12 cruise on Celebrity Millennium with the #12 land tour out of Anchorage first. My husband & I are taking our older sons with us and have not taken them on a cruise since they were young kids. Of course we want it to be special, as we may not be able to do this again. We are getting 2 cabins, perhaps oceanview and veranda. I heard that the ship was refurbished in 2012, so did not check reviews until last night. The recent reviews on cruise critic are horrible about the ship that has been cruising in Asia. I am now very concerned about booking this. The reviews were negative about the ship maintenance, food and service. Are these reviews quite accurate? What would you do?:(

Hello,

I am ready to book a July 12 cruise on Celebrity Millennium with the #12 land tour out of Anchorage first. My husband & I are taking our older sons with us and have not taken them on a cruise since they were young kids. Of course we want it to be special, as we may not be able to do this again. We are getting 2 cabins, perhaps oceanview and veranda. I heard that the ship was refurbished in 2012, so did not check reviews until last night. The recent reviews on cruise critic are horrible about the ship that has been cruising in Asia. I am now very concerned about booking this. The reviews were negative about the ship maintenance, food and service. Are these reviews quite accurate? What would you do?:(

If worried why not look at Princess or Holland America .

Both have been in Alaska from the start . Princess actually started the whole cruise tour idea with the love boats.

You might want to post this on the actual Celebrity board.

This one is a special thread for a guest that will be answering questions

about the Celebrity website tomorrow.

Maybe one of the moderators will move it for you.

I agree that this is in the wrong place....but the recent reviews have not been "horrible"....they have pointed out some areas that need some attention. No ship gets rave reviews all the time. I spent 28 days on the Millennium this year.

I am new to this forum. I know I typed a question about 2 hours ago but I can not find it now and don't know if anyone has responded. How can I see it?

Thanks for your input.

I am new to this forum. I know I typed a question about 2 hours ago but I can not find it now and don't know if anyone has responded. How can I see it?

Thanks for your input.

The question may have been accidentally posted to the main celebrity board. Look there to see. (I had one go there twice, by my accident).

Actually your question is here....but as others and myself have said, it's in the wrong place. I don't think a VP in the internet web department is going to provide much help and guidance on the Millenium. There is already much posted in the main Celebrity thread including my 28 day blog "live from the millennium (or something like that)" from earlier this year.

Welcome to the main Celebrity board, your thread has been moved.

I was on the Millennium this past summer for a Northbound Alaska trip, with a self-planned land tour afterwards. The ship was our first time on Celebrity and it blew us away. The ship, and especially the staff, impressed my wife and I enough for us to buy a Passages certificate (basically a deposit on a future cruise). I never felt like there wasn't something to see or do on board, and with Alaska it's a heavily port-intensive cruise anyway.

Whichever cruisetour you choose, make sure it has the "Tundra Wilderness Tour" in Denali - the other tours don't do Denali justice (15 miles vs. 51 miles, one way). And visit the Alaska board for tons more advice!

Archived