Closest cruise port to Chattanooga, TN

Iamthesea

Regarding the closest port, that depends on what ship you desire if u have a preference. You can also go to that ship's website and they will list their ports and u can go from there. But I am in TN too, but not Chat...The closest port to me is either New Orleans or Alabama....but u are at a different end so u can check the Carnival site and see which port is closest from Chat.

For passport, scroll thru the threads or do a search on the title "passport clarification"...I posted the same question yesterday and got the response from there. Good luck;)

For age restrictions, you can also get that from the Carnival website.

Regarding the closest port, that u depend on what ship you are taking. You can also go to that ship's website and they will list their ports and u can go from there.

For passport, scroll thru the threads or do a search on the title "passport clarification"...I posted the same question yesterday and got the response from there. Good luck;)

Closest cruise port to Chattanooga is Mobile. As it currently stands, passports are not required, however this might change later this year. You should be OK for a cruise during the next 6 months. You can get information about age requirements by going to carnival.com and clicking on FAQ.

Chattanooga is closer to a port than you may think.

Chattanooga is a port!

The Delta Steamboat Company prior to being sold sailed from their each year. Check their new website and they have cruises this year also starting from Chattanooga.

Now a river cruise may not be what you want.

But you did ask for the nearest port.

And the nearest port is your very own city!!!:D

Jacksonville is surprising! I know it is further than 40 miles from Charleston, so MapSource must be taking them through Atlanta and down.

Steamboatin - They have been on several river cruises, so don't think that will work!

Cruzman - I am not sure we could get DD a passport in time (6 weeks.)

Hi! I am about 1 hour from you! The closest port for us is Mobile and the Holiday is one of the least expensive ships. The next for us is Jacksonville with the Celebration and it is not too bad either.

I just talked to my daughter and those girls have already been on the phone to Carnival. They found out they can cruise because no one is under 21 (DD turned 22 last month) and one person is already 25.

They are looking at driving to Port Canaveral (which I am not happy about!) and taking a 4 day cruise.

They also confirmed that they do not need the passports, although I do think it is a good idea...just not enough time (I would be afraid that their birth certificates would get lost in the shuffle too.)

Thanks for all the help.;) Now, I get to go do some pricing for them.

Port Canaveral is not that much further than Jacksonville (2 hours?). Straight shot down 95, however the traffic on 95 is HORRIFIC! (Of course I hate driving on ANY part of 95!) I would encourage the 5 day Celebration or the Holiday out of Mobile. If they insisted on Port Canaveral, I would definately check out flights to Orlando. Southwest is sometimes cheaper than driving and only 2 hour drive to Nashville.

Dont rule out New Orleans. The 5 day sailings on the Fantasy have been cheaper than the Holiday. Pull up a website that lets you look at a month or two spread. Then look at the 4-day vs 5-day. By changing your schedule by one week you can save hundreds of dollars.

Dave (Lucky to be two hours from Mobile or New Orleans)

Allegiant Airlines flies from Chattanooga to Sanford (outside of Orlando) for $158 RT during March. We always use Allegiant from Toledo to Sanford. We've also almost used the same flight and then deadheaded a rental car to FLL for a cruise. Quick and easy. I'm sure you could find out about transportation from Sanford to Port Canaveral fairly easily.

I looked at Allegiance, but the dates for the cruise at Port Canaveral wouldn't work for them. Allegiance was booked for the dates they needed to fly down and back and they cannot fly in a day ahead for that particular cruise.

If they go, I think that the Holiday in Mobile is their best bet. I am so embarrassed that I didn't see Mobile listed before. :o I guess I had my mind set on other ports and just read over Mobile. I didn't know there was a cruise ship port until I found it myself! LOL

Archived