Independence of the Seas cabin question

jnojr

Looking at the deck plan for Deck 8, I see four different colors for inside staterooms towards aft. But no clue as to what those colors mean.

Other than avoiding the extra walk for 8449 - 8499, what's the difference between say, 8657 & 8659?

Nobody has any idea what the different classes of staterooms are?

On Carnival, it's by deck. On this ship, all four classes are jumbled around with no apparent rhyme or reason.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=ID&shipProfile=1354

some connecting,some have pullman,etc. Look at the deck plan for 8

I have. Nowhere does it say what category K, L, M, or Q are. I used the instant chat to ask RCCL, and ever answer they gave was quickly contradicted by the symbols... there is no single class that has Pullmans, as there is a symbol for Pullmans in several different rooms. They said that some of those are adjoining and some aren't, but had no answer when I pointed out that several different rooms have the symbols for adjoining, regardless of class.

On a completely unrelated website, I found something that indicates M is for two people and K is for 3 or 4.

I just think it's weird that nobody can say exactly what the differences are. Oh well.

The deck plans have "symbols" indicating what type of bedding each cabin has. That wil be the only real difference.

K,L, M and Q are all the same size...bedding and/or location is the difference.

It isn't location... they're all over the place. All four are represented aft. All four say they have twins that can be pushed together for a queen, and there are symbols for the pullouts, and any given class you can find ones with or with out the symbol.

It's a mystery!

I'm pretty sure it goes by location...as I know D1, D2, D3 are the same it just depends where it is located and the bedding as someone said...I dont think it matters what letter you pick as long as it is in a good location for you and there are enough beds/pullout sofa/pullman beds available you will be fine :D

I have. Nowhere does it say what category K, L, M, or Q are. I used the instant chat to ask RCCL, and ever answer they gave was quickly contradicted by the symbols... there is no single class that has Pullmans, as there is a symbol for Pullmans in several different rooms. They said that some of those are adjoining and some aren't, but had no answer when I pointed out that several different rooms have the symbols for adjoining, regardless of class.

On a completely unrelated website, I found something that indicates M is for two people and K is for 3 or 4.

I just think it's weird that nobody can say exactly what the differences are. Oh well.

How is it that I see a description of each catagory to the left of the deck plan?

Archived