are the seaview cafe and pizzeria gone from serenade of the seas?

Jewel is the last ship in the fleet with a Sea View café, and that will be lost in the refurb.

Hi Karen. I have a question for you as I see you have just been on the Serenade of the Seas. Does the TV in the cabin have a USB socket, just in case we want to bring some of our own movies etc.? We'll be on the Serenade visiting the Mediterranean/Greek Isles in June. Thanks, Margaret

Hi Karen. I have a question for you as I see you have just been on the Serenade of the Seas. Does the TV in the cabin have a USB socket, just in case we want to bring some of our own movies etc.? We'll be on the Serenade visiting the Mediterranean/Greek Isles in June. Thanks, Margaret

From what I have heard all inputs are disabled on the TV's. Some have reported that a universal remote will allow you to enable them.

Just sailed Serenade last week. Really missed the pizza. Frankly, the late night food options were often lacking and sometimes quite strange. The Park Cafe was overwhelmed after the Windjammer closed. It sure seemed to me that overall the food wasn't as good as past RCCL cruises.

...just in case we want to bring some of our own movies etc.? We'll be on the Serenade visiting the Mediterranean/Greek Isles in June.

Cool. I don't think you'll be watching your own movies in your cabin. You'll be too tired from being in port! :D Seriously, a Med cruise is exciting and exhausting. There are some movies on TV as well as other programming; there is also a cinema which shows movies every day.

I loved the Sea view Café, sitting out side and eating onion rings twice a day was a real treat.

Definitely one of my favorite things about the Radiance class.... now destroyed so they could have 5 or 6 $pecialty restaurants on a 2500 passenger ship. Unfortunately it is a sad example of Royal Caribbean's corporate direction over the last few years.

Definitely one of my favorite things about the Radiance class.... now destroyed so they could have 5 or 6 $pecialty restaurants on a 2500 passenger ship. Unfortunately it is a sad example of Royal Caribbean's corporate direction over the last few years.

And hopefully RCI just might see a mistake made...on our last ROS cruise Rita's & Izumi were virtually empty almost everynight...I checked...no idea about the Samba Grill...I didn't even bother to go up there.

I will be sailing the Jewel three more time before her refurb (Two times are a B2B coming up in less a than a month!). So I will be able to enjoy the Park Cafe many more times before they rip it away. I am not excited at all about Izumi. At least the Park Cafe is included. We did enjoy that on the Allure.

Are the Seaview Cafe and pizzeria gone from Serenade of the Seas? Cannot find either on the deckplans.

Take a look at the Royal Caribbean UK site - it still shows Seaview Cafe (and Portofino), they still haven't updated the deckplans after the revitalisation over a year ago :rolleyes:

We were on Serenade last September and agree that it's a really pity they did away with Seaview Cafe. Never saw anyone in Rita's Cantina and hardly anyone in Izumi.

Edited by Bobal

I will be sailing the Jewel three more time before her refurb (Two times are a B2B coming up in less a than a month!). So I will be able to enjoy the Park Cafe many more times before they rip it away. I am not excited at all about Izumi. At least the Park Cafe is included. We did enjoy that on the Allure.

Seaview Cafe?

I thought I read somewhere that you can still eat outside but you have to walk through Rita's to get there. Can anyone confirm?

That's what I've read also.

I thought I read somewhere that you can still eat outside but you have to walk through Rita's to get there. Can anyone confirm?

Rita's is only on one side, right at the back of the Windjammer. You can walk out either side - during the day Rita's isn't open anyway and is really little less than an area at the back, rather than an enclosed restaurant. I often saw people sitting in the booths in Rita's for breakfast or lunch.

On the Brilliance Rita's Cantina consumes about a third of the outside seating behind the Windjammer on the port side.

Truthfully I don't see either Rita's or Izumi lasting long. Rita's Cantina should be the first to go. I didn't find it very good at all. I had lunch once in Izumi and I think there were only on other table occupied.

Shak

I am really sad about them taking out the last Seaview Cafe. It's been one of my favorite things about the Radiance class ships- or even the whole RCCL. Why do they always have to mess with a good thing? These little differences is what makes each class of ships unique and it's what makes people want to go on different ships because of the different things that they offer. It's been such a success why can't they just leave one Seaview Cafe in the cruise line. I guess it's all about the bottom line.

I am really sad about them taking out the last Seaview Cafe. It's been one of my favorite things about the Radiance class ships- or even the whole RCCL. Why do they always have to mess with a good thing? These little differences is what makes each class of ships unique and it's what makes people want to go on different ships because of the different things that they offer. It's been such a success why can't they just leave one Seaview Cafe in the cruise line. I guess it's all about the bottom line.

It's all about the bottom line. A venue that has no extra charge is being replaced with an extra charge venue.

We are booked on Jewel west bound Panama Canal in Oct. 2015. I will get to enjoy the Seaview Cafe and Portofino for the last times on that cruise. I also just love the Seaview Cafe! Those onion rings are yummy!

Jewel doesn't have the Park Café. They still have the little pizza outlet.

Yes, you can. Even when Rita's is open (which is rare), there's no problem going aft to the outdoor seating areas.

Serenade has Izumi in place of Seaview cafe.

The Park Cafe replaced the pizza/sandwich station in the solarium. Pizza is available daily in the WJ on the port side of the back wall. If you can't find it just ask a staff member. I know it was available during lunch and the afternoon snack hours, not sure about dinner time.

Rita's occupies the port side enclosed outdoor seating area aft of the windjammer. The starboard enclosed outdoor seating and aft open air seating remain unchanged. Planters between Rita's and the aft seating block access to the aft from the port side of the windjammer. On my transatlantic Rita's was blocked off from use when not open for business.

Serenade has Izumi in place of Seaview cafe.

The Park Cafe replaced the pizza/sandwich station in the solarium. Pizza is available daily in the WJ on the port side of the back wall. If you can't find it just ask a staff member. I know it was available during lunch and the afternoon snack hours, not sure about dinner time.

Rita's occupies the port side enclosed outdoor seating area aft of the windjammer. The starboard enclosed outdoor seating and aft open air seating remain unchanged. Planters between Rita's and the aft seating block access to the aft from the port side of the windjammer. On my transatlantic Rita's was blocked off from use when not open for business.

It must vary by ship, because there was nothing blocking your way on Brilliance, and when Rita's was closed, people used their seating for their WJ breakfast and lunch.

Edited by orville99