Liberty Port Everglades debarkation delay 3/2/13?

I asked this question because there was a family on my plane that said that they missed their scheduled flight from FLL due to a Customs delay that supposedly was due to drugs being found on board.

Is this supposed to give us info re the delayed debarkation? All it does is give info re the port.

We were on the Liberty yesterday and all we ever heard was that there was a delay due to customs and immigration.

We didn't get off the ship until almost 11AM.

We were on the liberty that got into port Everglades 3/2 also. We were told it was due to the fact that the automatic budget cuts took affect the previous day and there were fewer custom agents working. I overheard a person working in the area while we were waiting in a customs line and said something about missing the extra personnel. Other passengers told us about the rumor of drugs which ranged from a little to a large amount of drugs. We didn't seen any armed guards or drug sniffing dogs and I would think they would have still been around.

Still don't know for sure either way.

Oasis also had the delay, but only about 30 minutes.

Sequester cuts for port inspection should not have taken effect yet. I expect many people were making educated guesses when they mention drugs or the sequester, but the actual answer could be something simpler.

Our porter did say that with 7 ships port that day, Customs was overloaded.

We only had 5 agents for all those folks on the Liberty and that was around 10:30-11:00. So possibly there were not enough agents to handle the earlier pax disembarking. That has happened to me before.

Our porter did say that with 7 ships port that day, Customs was overloaded.

We only had 5 agents for all those folks on the Liberty and that was around 10:30-11:00. So possibly there were not enough agents to handle the earlier pax disembarking. That has happened to me before.

we were on the Liberty too....... did a lot of people miss their flights :confused: We stood in line at the pier for over 90 minutes after we left the ship. our porter said their were only 2 custom agents when he started @7 am........The airport seemed over crowded too.

I asked this question because there was a family on my plane that said that they missed their scheduled flight from FLL due to a Customs delay that supposedly was due to drugs being found on board.

This would be one of the reason's for not booking a 9:00am flight from FLL. I'm not saying that this family did that but with the number of questions on here about can I make an early flight out of FLL if the ship arrives at such and such time; this goes to show you that sometimes things happen and booking that early flight is usually a big risk.

We were on Liberty in November and it took us 1 1/2-2 hours to get off the ship and through customs! There were only 5 custom agents...too few for that number of passengers. Once we were done it only too a few minutes to get to the taxi and on to the airport..if we would have had a reservation for 11 a.m. we wouldn't have made it. No flights before noon and I'm sticking to it :rolleyes:;) We probably won't sail on Liberty again for just that reason...it seems its the rule rather than the exception for that ship. Too bad

We were on Liberty in November and it took us 1 1/2-2 hours to get off the ship and through customs! There were only 5 custom agents...too few for that number of passengers. Once we were done it only too a few minutes to get to the taxi and on to the airport..if we would have had a reservation for 11 a.m. we wouldn't have made it. No flights before noon and I'm sticking to it :rolleyes:;) We probably won't sail on Liberty again for just that reason...it seems its the rule rather than the exception for that ship. Too bad

This is definitely nothing new with Liberty and Port Everglades. We went on Liberty in 2010 out of Port Everglades. There was a "customs delay" for us on embarkation day. We checked in at Noon and were ushered into a big holding room. They weren't letting anyone on yet. They didn't start boarding the ship until almost 2:30 PM.

When we got back from the cruise, there was another "customs delay" getting off the ship on debarkation day. It was around 10:00 AM before our number was called to make our way off the ship. The line was HUGE and sloooooooowwww moving due to the small number of agents working. We didn't get out of the terminal building until 11:30 AM.

Is it true that Customs delayed the passenger debarkation of the Liberty at Port Everglades yesterday (3/2/13) due to finding drugs in a suitcase?

I was tag 2 on debarkation for Liberty on 3/2. We proceeded to Platinum Lounge around 7:50 and were on the way down at 8:00. We were through customs and grabbing a taxi around 9:00. At the time we went through customs, it looked like 4 agents.

We were in the Delta terminal with a few other later LOS passengers and they didn't mention anything

Archived