Passport invite wording

breezebride2B

I have sent out save the dates with booking info and now I am planning my invites.

I have a few questions for those of you that are planning yours or have already sent them out...

I know for sure I will have more non-sailing guests than sailing. I do want to inlcude info about the cruise in passport invitations however I want non-sailing guest to have a passport invite too... should I send out different ones?

I am having a difficult time coming up with the wording...

I also did not send the save the dates to people I knew would not cruise. Do you think it is tacky to send a formal invite describing the non-sailing guest option...

ahhhh... I just don'tk know what I want to do.

Does anyone have a passport invite template they are willing to share??

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• 6 months later...

I am having the same issue - I LOVE the concept of the passport invites but I am only have my immediate family and wedding party coming on the cruise (or hopefully).

I was thinking a postcard to the family/wedding party about the cruise with the basic info (Ship name, cruise date, booking #, and travel agent contact) before I send out the passports.

Save by the date magnets to everyone.

Passports being the formal invite (we are getting married on an island people can get onto an express ship so I figured we can put that in the passport instead of cruise info??

What do you all think?

Hello Fellow Brides!

I was also having that dilemma and I finally figured out what I am doing. The cruise we are doing is a 4 day Baja out of LA and so we are only inviting our family and wedding party. Everyone else will be invited to the reception. I have included of where the ceremony is taking place and the reception. The cruisers will have two additional pages in their passports with details of the cruise and special things we are doing.

Here iare the pages: 4

http://tinypic.com/r/2exbudt/4 You can also see it here.

I only have sailing guests since we are getting married on the ship in Grand Cayman, so I can't help you with wording. But did want to share pics of my invites. I designed them myself, printed them with Vistaprint and just put them together. A LOT more economical than all the places I found to design and print them and a A LOT less stress than printing them myself.

737874_10151254275787839_833137829_o.jpg.bed084766b70a6fb359cb5c3e383b823.jpg

I only have sailing guests since we are getting married on the ship in Grand Cayman, so I can't help you with wording. But did want to share pics of my invites. I designed them myself, printed them with Vistaprint and just put them together. A LOT more economical than all the places I found to design and print them and a A LOT less stress than printing them myself.

I wanted to ask you what did you order on vistaprint to print out the pages for the passport because I love that idea!! Not having to print out the pages myself sounds awesome!

I wanted to ask you what did you order on vistaprint to print out the pages for the passport because I love that idea!! Not having to print out the pages myself sounds awesome!

I did flat 5x7 invitations and then paid for color on both sides. I found an awesome coupon that got me 50% off and free shipping so they were not that expensive (but it depends on how many you might need).

A tip though is to make sure that you upload your pages using a PDF. They do take publisher file types, but when I uploaded using publisher, the fonts weren't correct.

Archived