Naples.. May 2015

Debzee

This will be our first time in Europe ( Naples) for my husband & I. We will be aboard the cruise ship," Allure a Of The Seas7 day.. Western Mediterannian). Can anyone tell me what there is to do in Naples? Is it mostly history related? My wife enjoys shopping for jewelry, beach, & restaurants. Any help would be greatly appreciated😁😁

Robert & Debra

Since it's your first trip, I suggest you do some reading online about the various ports (or guide books if you prefer).

Europe isn't like the Caribbean -- the big draw isn't shopping and beaches. If that's where your main interests are, you're likely to end up disappointed. Europe is more about history, beautiful architecture and art, culture, and good food.

Naples is a very intresting city,it is also very noisy and busy not to mention tatty but still worth exploring,we visted the royal palace which is a short stroll from the pier on our last vist and it was fantastic ,:):)

As a 1st time vistor i would look at going to Herculaneum by train or the isle of Capri by boat

Many folks visit Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano, and other towns on the Amalfi Coast during the port stop in Naples.

We found the best way to do so is to use a private tour company that uses smaller groups and vehicles to get you around to all these places in a timely and more comfortable manner.

Positano is so amazing that I would give up cruise days to spend there!

Fortunately for your wife, there are planty of cute shops there too!