Fish Fry

retrop

I've been there a few times so I'll tell you what I know and I'm sure others will fill in any details I may leave out.

The Fish fry refers to a row of eating establishments located at Arawak Cay. I have eaten at two different restaurants there and enjoyed them both. Goldies seems to get great reviews here from everyone and although I enjoyed the food there I actually preferred the food and drink I have had at Twin Brothers. I now make it a point to go to TB whenever I'm in Nassau.

You have a few options on how you get there but I have always taken the #10 Jitney. You could also take a cab, or even walk if you don't mind about a 30 minute walk each way. I choose the Jitney because it's cheap and easy...$1.25 each way per person.

Very good at night, best daquiri (peach) that I've ever had. Prices are good too. It's a good jaunt from the port though. I would take a cab about $30/group. Just tell them you want to go to the Fish Fry. There's about 13-15 restraunts to choose from, some are dine in and some have a window you can order from (or both).

can you just get drinks and a small something to eat, or is it all restaurants?

Yes. We go to Goldies every year and they have a bar and restaurant. There are lots of others in the area. The Fish Fry is not fancy at all. It is a series of brightly colored wooden buildings and some outdoor stalls . The best way to get there is to take the #10 jitney which also goes to Cable Beach.

Archived