Can someone help me understand nurseries on Royal Caribbean

kelleigh229

Been a long time since I've cruised and first time with kids. I keep reading about new nurseries on the ships. What are these? Ability to drop younger children off? Sorry for the ignorance, but we will be traveling with a 2 year old and I've been digging. I keep seeing nurseries mentioned but no real details on amenities. Thanks in advance!!

The nurseries are available on some of the RCCL ships for children that are too young for the children's programs. You can reserve nursery time--my understanding is that everyone is able to book a certain amount of time at the beginning of the cruise and you can then book additional time later if there if time still available. Children are dropped off at the nursery for their reserved times and are watched by the child care staff. I've read that there are cribs, toys, videos. I've also read that parents are given phones that work on the ship so you can be contacted if needed. There is a fee for this service ($8 per hour last time I heard).

We plan to use this one night during our upcoming Allure cruise for DD who is 2. We will be traveling with quite a few family members & friends who have offered to babysit, but I think she'd like the experience so we will probably do it the evening that we all go to Chops.

Drop off is from 6months-24 months. We used the nursery when our guy was 15 months. He always cried when we dropped off but was told he stopped and loved being there. They feed them dinner too. We booked every night from 6-10. It was so worth it for us to have dinner and adult time. We used them a few times during the day too.

Yes we were given a phone and a diaper bad to take with us and pack stuff in. The gals will feed/change/cuddle whatever it takes. We have nothing but praise for this program. Oh yes we were charged $8 an hour and for us it was so worth it to have adult time. My older girls loved the big kid areas.

Thanks a ton for the insight! I actually held off on going on my first cruise with my son until now (he's 4) because I wanted to make sure he had an option of being able to be entertained. My friend who I'm going with has the 2 year old and she will love to hear this :-)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1762372

Above yu will find a link to a review of oasis of the seas. The gentleman who did this had two young girls and I found it very helpful when planning my upcoming cruise. On post #8 you will find a copy of the royal babies and tots planner.

We used the nursery a few times on allure when my daughter was 7 months old. It was just awesome. She loved it and it was nice to have two adult only dinners and a few hours at the solarium.

Archived