Narrowed it down: Regal Princess vs. Carnival Miracle

boymomtwinmom

Trying to decide if it's worth it to pay the approximately $500 extra, for essentially the same cruise on the Regal Princess, that we could take on the Carnival Miracle...for the same week at the end of January. Is Princess worth the extra money? This is our 10th Anniversary trip, and we want it to be special, but we don't know if the bump in cost translates into a better ship/experience.

Thanks!

Many experienced cruisers (including me) would say that Princess is worth $500 (or more) then Carnival...for a similar number of days. That being said, there are certainly some younger party-type cruisers that would prefer Carnival for their lively onboard atmosphere.

Hank

Assuming the cabin categories, itinerary are equal , I would go with CCL and save that $500 .

We enjoy both those cruise lines for their differences . Of all the Princess ships that we have cruised on over the years (some are no longer with Princess) , the Regal was our least favorite design.

I am not a young partier, but I would choose Miracle. I have not been impressed with reviews of the Royal class ships of Princess and prefer smaller ships if possible. We recently sail Carnival Pride for 21 days and like the size and layout of the Spirit class of Carnival. Also, I was never thrilled with the food on Princess, and like Carnival food better. EM

Of all the Princess ships that we have cruised on over the years (some are no longer with Princess) , the Regal was our least favorite design.

I whole heartedly agree with this. Normally, I would say Princess is worth the extra $500 over CCL, but I did not like Regal at all. The design is awful.

Op, If I were you, I would just stick with Miracle in this case.

The Miracle is a lot of fun, but it is definitely more of a party ship. However, since you are going in January, you probably won't have a lot of drunk college kids like we get when we go during spring break. I've been on the Miracle three times now, and travelled with three generations of women. My next cruise however is going to be with my husband (for our ten year anniversary also!) and we will be going on Princess. We are going to Hawaii this time. Anyway, I think it all comes down to whether you want a more party atmosphere or something a little more relaxing. Either way, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for all of your input everyone! We're wanting a quieter scene, less drunken partying, and fewer kids. Have kids, love 'em, but don't want to vacation with a bunch of them this time. I think we're going to opt for Princess. I cruised with Princess once before, on the Grand Princess, in 2002, and loved it. I hope for a similar experience!

Thanks so much for all of your input everyone! We're wanting a quieter scene, less drunken partying, and fewer kids. Have kids, love 'em, but don't want to vacation with a bunch of them this time. I think we're going to opt for Princess. I cruised with Princess once before, on the Grand Princess, in 2002, and loved it. I hope for a similar experience!

In that case, making the switch is probably your best move. Enjoy your cruise. :)

IMHO, you can't go wrong with Regal Princess. The interior of the ship is classy and romantic. We have always found the food to be good in the buffet, main dining room and crown grill. The adult retreat pool is also nice. If you want a cabana by the retreat pool, reserve as soon as you can.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know your decision!

A very good one in my opinion! (y)

Look forward to having a wonderful time on Regal Princess! :D