All things "Victory"

richbum

Hi everyone...Lets get a new thread started about all things Victory. We are getting ready to sail in January, and would love to have people post pix, comments, questions etc. Lets see how big we can get this one.....:D

Thanks for the pix. This will be my first time on Carnival...2 previous cruises on RCCL. Is there anything in particular that I should look for, or is there anything not to miss?:D

Nice pics. I'll be sailing her June 14. Im like the tour guide for my family. This will be the first cruise for my parents, brother, and sister in law. I hope I picked a good ship and they will enjoy their first cruise. I don't even think I'll get a day of rest. It's so port intensive, although I've been to all the islands already at least once. Ive been on Destiny and enjoyed it although had mixed reviews.

Thanks for the pics! All I really remember is her being very Green compared to other ships - and the Red and Black Room. :eek:

Nice boat. I can't wait to see what changes they have made. :)

Edited by VABeach

Oh, I can't wait till February! A port a day, and a great price, who could ask for more? Does anyone know how they will handle the muster drill, considering we will be sailing the evening of the Super Bowl, we'll get to watch it on the big outdoor screen on the lido deck. My DH will have a fit if they interrupt the Super Bowl for the drill.

Thanks for the pics! All I really remember is her being very Green compared to other ships - and the Red and Black Room. :eek:

Nice boat. I can't wait to see what changes they have made. :)

I always wondered why they called it that:confused::D

ry%3D400

Oh, I can't wait till February! A port a day, and a great price, who could ask for more? Does anyone know how they will handle the muster drill, considering we will be sailing the evening of the Super Bowl, we'll get to watch it on the big outdoor screen on the lido deck. My DH will have a fit if they interrupt the Super Bowl for the drill.

We were on the Victory in February and they postponed muster drill until the next day so as not to interrupt the game. They had the game on the big screen and in the bars. You will have a blast!

I always wondered why they called it that:confused::D

ry%3D400

OMG My Eyes Hurt!!!

I remember walking into that room the first day we were on the ship exploring.... I think we must have ran out of there as fast as we ran in. My eyes didn't recover all week.

I'm sure some people love it, I'm just not one of them.

The rest of the ship is really beautiful though. :D

I've asked more than once for someone who had sailed her recently to start one of these threads, but no one had.

Two weeks from today, we'll be getting ready for dinner after our day in St Thomas, touring with Papa Bear. :D

For all of those sailing soon, please post all sorts of good stuff for us, so we can live vicariously through you until our trips. I love the pictures. I think I am going to need a vacation to recover from this one though. Does anyone have pictures of the rooms? I have only been on RCCL, but I heard that these rooms are bigger.

THX!:D

Since the ship leaves port a 10 pm, what time can you board? Also what dock does the Victory use?

This is not from personal experience, but just from what I have read on these boards. The Victory docks at pier 4 (I think) right across from Old San Juan. I am not sure about boarding time, but people have mentioned that that boarded, then got off the ship and did some sightseeing, then reboarded later in the day. Can someone else confirm this?

THX!:D

A note to the newbies - there is a ton of info on the San Juan POC board about boarding, how to get to the port, what to do after you arrive and before you sail, what to do with luggage when you disembark but have a late flight, hotels, restaurants, etc. etc.

I spent hours researching excursions and learning how to bid on Priceline for my pre & post-cruise hotels. Hours!

With this itinerary, there are just so many options and choices to make that planning is time consuming.

I also recommend you find the most recent reviews and read what others have done and look at their photos. I just love reading about people's excursions. And seeing pictures of food! :D

I have one of the 4G all-the-way-forward cabins that used to be classified as OV. The ones that overlook the forward decks and were reclassified since you can't actually see the ocean, although you have a window.

I plan on taking a ton of photos, since they're very difficult to find for this particular cabin (I have one of the end cabins that is HC modified and the beds do NOT convert to a King).

Nice pics. I'll be sailing her June 14. Im like the tour guide for my family. This will be the first cruise for my parents, brother, and sister in law. I hope I picked a good ship and they will enjoy their first cruise. I don't even think I'll get a day of rest. It's so port intensive, although I've been to all the islands already at least once. Ive been on Destiny and enjoyed it although had mixed reviews.

Hi! Come join us on our roll call. We have some nice folks and some great ideas floating around about excursions, etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=870541