Cheers Program

Turquoisewaters70

Everything is subject to change. Not that long ago, the Cheers program cost more, so Carnival would have come out ahead.

Maybe Vista will be the first to allow pre-purchase,

And in between the old pricing and the current pricing, they also used verbiage denoting pricing is based on seasonality for a week. During this week, the advertised prices were listed as a price range and sold per voyage instead of per day. This meant if you purchased on Day 2, it was not prorated and you had absolutely no idea what the price would be once you step on the ship other than somewhere in the price range.

Luckily for passengers, this has changed to the current pricing.

And in between the old pricing and the current pricing, they also used verbiage denoting pricing is based on seasonality for a week. During this week, the advertised prices were listed as a price range and sold per voyage instead of per day. This meant if you purchased on Day 2, it was not prorated and you had absolutely no idea what the price would be once you step on the ship other than somewhere in the price range.

So we are all agreeing it is better now and I kind of like the idea of prepaying.

We have no idea what it meant because it never took effect.

The price of your cruise is subject to change until you purchase it. The taxes and fees, fuel surcharge, etc. is subject to change even after you purchase the cruise. So what?

The price of your cruise is subject to change until you purchase it. The taxes and fees, fuel surcharge, etc. is subject to change even after you purchase the cruise. So what?

I was adding additional information to compare the Cheers pricing structure to, Sarge.

It took effect for a week. However, nobody reported back their experience. After the outrage on Carnival's social media channels, the pricing structure had utltimately been modified to reflect the pricing we know today with the clause. It was sold per voyage through a price range.

I was adding additional information to compare the Cheers pricing structure to, Sarge.

It took effect for a week. However, nobody reported back their experience. After the outrage on Carnival's social media channels, the pricing structure had utltimately been modified to reflect the pricing we know today with the clause. It was sold per voyage through a price range.

The old terms are below. If something is in your favor, Carnival.com, John Heald and Funville are all reliable sources, but if you disagree with something posted, they're all meaningless. Are you rich of excuses to justify your opinion of Carnival being the perfect company?

------

Pricing will be subject to change depending on duration and seasonality. Accordingly, we will now publish a range of pricing, as follows:

CHEERS! package prices range from $165.00 to $300.00 per person/per voyage (including up to 8 day durations) depending on the length of the cruise. Cruises longer than 8 days will have voyage specific pricing. Taxes and gratuities are additional. It is required that all guests 21 years of age and older in the cabin must purchase the package.

CHEERS! is not offered on 2 day cruises, charter cruises, on ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend) and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Little Stirrup Cay in The Bahamas.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/326197/1683163.aspx

Edited by Disconnections

The old terms are below. If something is in your favor, Carnival.com, John Heald and Funville are all reliable sources, but if you disagree with something posted, they're all meaningless. Are you rich of excuses to justify your opinion of Carnival being the perfect company?

------

Pricing will be subject to change depending on duration and seasonality. Accordingly, we will now publish a range of pricing, as follows:

CHEERS! package prices range from $165.00 to $300.00 per person/per voyage (including up to 8 day durations) depending on the length of the cruise. Cruises longer than 8 days will have voyage specific pricing. Taxes and gratuities are additional. It is required that all guests 21 years of age and older in the cabin must purchase the package.

CHEERS! is not offered on 2 day cruises, charter cruises, on ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend) and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Little Stirrup Cay in The Bahamas.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/326197/1683163.aspx

No need to make things personal. :rolleyes:

Please produce someone, anyone, who was actually charged on that sliding scale. Never happened.

No need to make things personal. :rolleyes:

Please produce someone, anyone, who was actually charged on that sliding scale. Never happened.

As I stated earlier, there wasn't a single person who reported back here to Cruise Critic. Because of the outrage on social media, Carnival's brand ambassador had reached out to his superiors for clarification and the possibility of modifications. As he reached out within 24 hours and these were the prices for a little less than a week, nobody had reported back here until after the modifications were rolled out. It doesn't change the fact of these prices being advertised with the above verbiage of Carnival.com and company spokespersons confirming and assisting with enhancing the program.

Edited by Disconnections

As I stated earlier, there wasn't a single person who reported back here to Cruise Critic. Because of the outrage on social media, Carnival's brand ambassador had reached out to his superiors for clarification and the possibility of modifications. As he reached out within 24 hours and these were the prices for a little less than a week, nobody had reported back here until after the modifications were rolled out. It doesn't change the fact of these prices being advertised with the above verbiage of Carnival.com and company spokespersons confirming and assisting with enhancing the program.

I think your opinion of reality doesn't reflect reality to most people.

Soooooo.... to get back on target in response to the OP's question, would Carnival offer this to purchase pre-cruise? What would preclude them from doing that (other than the "who is in which cabin scenario)?

As the thread has nothing to do with Vista, shouldn't it be moved to a more appropriate forum? Perhaps Floataway Lounge?

Easy enough to state the terms and conditions for pre-purchase, violation of which would result in termination of the program fr the individual and forfeiture of monies paid.

It probably isn't a high priority item for Carnival.

I would agree it is not a high priority. I would love to know the percentages of people that use the cheers program. Most that have and posted here seem pleased.

I would agree it is not a high priority. I would love to know the percentages of people that use the cheers program. Most that have and posted here seem pleased.

It pays for me to purchase the program. The people that enjoy their adult beverages while on vacation would benefit with the program especially on sea days.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

It pays for me to purchase the program. The people that enjoy their adult beverages while on vacation would benefit with the program especially on sea days.

I'm not sure when your calculations were made, but the price for Cheers on a 7 day cruise has increased 33%. You may or may not need to recalculate or add about two more for your breakeven point, depending on what you order.

I'm not sure when your calculations were made, but the price for Cheers on a 7 day cruise has increased 33%. You may or may not need to recalculate or add about two more for your breakeven point, depending on what you order.

Either way it would better to pay for it in advance like everything else and not have a huge cabin bill at the end your voyage or 300 plus per adult in your cabin on day 1 or 2 . I will be getting it again come July on the Breeze 8 day sail.

Either way it would better to pay for it in advance like everything else and not have a huge cabin bill at the end your voyage or 300 plus per adult in your cabin on day 1 or 2 . I will be getting it again come July on the Breeze 8 day sail.

Where did you see price increase ? I just done some research the other day and the priced had drop ?

Where did you see price increase ? I just done some research the other day and the priced had drop ?

For your 8 day cruise, the price of Cheers should come to a little above $900 for two.

Discussion: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2119194

For your 8 day cruise, the price of Cheers should come to a little above $900 for two.

Discussion: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2119194

I will read that in a few. 43.13 × 8 = 345.04 × 2 = 690.08 , savings of 114.54 from old price. Idk ????? 43.13 is with the 15% gratuities

I must be on the slow train tonight. When did the price go up, I thought it went down?