Pull down bed ?

block

We just found out our cabin Number. We are boarding the Jewel april 17th. Myself , DH and DD just 4.

My question is : Our room has 2 single beds and one pull down bunk. Should I be worried about DD sleeping on the bunk ??? I can't believe DH and Myself will have to sleep in a QUEEN size bed....LOL..good thing I've lost 25 lbs...

What is the likeliness that we would have a king bed with a pull out sofa??

Our room says it sleeps 3 ???

Here's what the pullman looks like on the Sky:

4571952060_123091530a_m.jpg

I think the twins go together to make a queen, regardless of what the 3rd accomodation is (the fold out couch may be made more comfortable by obtaining an egg crate from the steward).

No, it did not say it wsa the third...Cat I is my cabin room 10101.

I'm hoping that it is a king with a sofa pull out...IF not should I worry about a just 4 year old rolling off..I see there is some sort of rail but not really.

No, it did not say it wsa the third...Cat I is my cabin room 10101.

I'm hoping that it is a king with a sofa pull out...IF not should I worry about a just 4 year old rolling off..I see there is some sort of rail but not really.

Depends on how much your child moves when she sleeps. My DS has been sleeping in the drop downs since he was 3.5 (now almost 10) and we've not had any problems, and he is known to move around when he sleeps. We've wound up with his stuffed bear in our bed, but never him.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1346350&highlight=jewel+pull+down+bed - refer to the photo linked in post #3 for an idea what it might be like ....

If it's a balcony cabin, it should be a pull OUT convertible sofa - :cool:

As for getting a King bed, virtually no chance at all unless you are in a much higher category of cabins (that I'm guessing you aren't booked in.) But, you can always call NCL directly and ask .... :D

Ok .... 10101 is an inside cabin, NCL won't be able to fit a King bed in that space with room to walk around the side - it will be 2 beds combined together to form a Queen bed, plus probably the pull down alongside the wall.

Speak to your friendly room steward upon boarding once she/he is done cleaning & getting the cabins ready - as he might be able to find a spare trundle bed from another cabin & set it up in yours - without using the pull down bed. They are helpful & generally cheerful when they can, and, a little monetary "motivation" always help with getting a special arrangement requested done - and you won't have to worry about DD falling down from above.

Happy planning & cruising soon ! :)

SDC8071.jpg.9315a8586bbe19595863a4729c002210.jpg

My 6 foot daughter is going on the spitit sunday and said they have a pulldown bed too- there are 4 in room- are the others twins?

The Spirit insides have beds for 5 - one pullman, one trundle, and a chair that makes out into a bed plus the other 2 twins.

On the Jewel in an inside cabin marked for three, there will only be the two twin beds (can be put together to make a queen) and the drop-down pullman berth.

No pull-out sofa.

the picture below is the layout in a cabin (on Jewel class ship) marked for 4 people when all the beds (bed #4 is a trundle that is stored under one of the twin beds) are set up. Wall to wall beds on the floor level and one pull-down pullman berth. In this picture you can see the pullman's side rails and how high it is.

cabin_all4Beds.jpg.a15491b27ffa21aafa36c6496ec4f2e1.jpg

There is usually a little railing that pops up along the open bunk part that runs a good portion of the middle section of the bunk to keep someone from rolling out of bed. Our son slept in one as little as 3 years old and he is restless sleeper but he seemed pretty safe up there.

Archived