London to Harwich by Ourselves (help please)

My Dad and I will head out of Harwich May 2 on the Celebrity Constellation (yay!!! - getting very excited:)).

First, we're spending May 1 overnight first in London near the Tower of London. I had thought there was an easy train connection to Harwich from Liverpool Street Station.

But apparently it won't be running then due to repairs or something. :eek:

Does anyone know of any other option that won't cost the moon when converted to poor US dollars nor involve too much luggage juggling?

Thanks!!

Jan and Walt - Two Canucks

My Dad and I will head out of Harwich May 2 on the Celebrity Constellation (yay!!! - getting very excited:)).

First, we're spending May 1 overnight first in London near the Tower of London. I had thought there was an easy train connection to Harwich from Liverpool Street Station.

But apparently it won't be running then due to repairs or something. :eek:

Does anyone know of any other option that won't cost the moon when converted to poor US dollars nor involve too much luggage juggling?

First of all, have you got your dates right? What I can see suggests the Constellation sails on Saturday 3 May, not Friday 2 May.

Assuming that you do mean Saturday 3 May, then your best bet will be to aim for the replacement bus service on that day, which will depart from Liverpool Street at 1205 and go direct to Harwich International (the port), arriving at 1350.

An alternative would be to travel to Harwich the night before. But you probably won't want to curtail your time in London for this.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no National Express coach service to Harwich, at least on the day you want, so that is not an option.

We are on the same cruise with you and are also planning on using the replacement bus for the cruise train on Saturday, May 3rd. If you take a train any other time in the morning, it says you have to switch to a bus halfway there, but if you take the 12:00 departure, it looks like they will just put you on a bus the whole way. We are going to get there a little early since it may be a little more confusing finding the replacement bus.

You should come over and join our roll call! We are going to meet for a sail away party just after the muster drill on the aft deck of the restaurant (can't remember the name, but it is listed in the roll call).

Tina

• 2 weeks later...

The bus 'replaces' the train - the service from Liverpool street to Harwich is still there - at the same cost. It will go from the road in front of the station. Yes, allow yourself a little extra time to work out where from, but even if they put you off mid-route, it is really not too complicated.

Archived