Pride of America new studio cabins

DorothyB

I have also been looking for pictures of these cabins.having booked a New Years cruise in one over a year ago I have tried to follow the construction and now have been patiently waiting for more info or a review.there have been pics of the suites on deck 13 in a thread here but not the studio lounge or cabins.i know they will be similar to the studios on the epic,which I loved,but prides studios are 107 sq.feet so they are bigger and obviously the lounge is much smaller so if anyone has seen them and would weigh in that would be appreciated!if not I will post a review with pics early next year.

• Administrators

Hello:

Our Features Editor, Erica, is currently boarding POA. I'll poke her and see if maybe she can nab a pic of the studio. Truthfully, though, photos of cabins are difficult to obtain because people are using them! I'm thinking she'll be able to get a pic of the lounge tho!

Laura

Edited by LauraS

Silly question. But theirs a studio lounge for 4 people???

I'm kind of thinking it might be my personal living room part of each day - also, wondering if we can invite friends? On our Alaska cruise, the rooms off the library were reserved for the entire cruise and we were looking for a place for three to play cards.

I was reading the other studio post talking about the studio cabins on the Epic & Breakaway. They said no desks. I actually USE the desk when I cruise.

I'm wondering if the POA has a desk area and chair in the studio cabins.

I saw a "sort of picture" of the lounge and it appeared to have a table and chairs - is this correct? I might be able to use that as a desk area.

Thanks!

The studio cabins on the Epic actually do have a desk... but it is very small and there is stuff on it (ice bucket, etc).

Best bet would probably use the lounge. I can't speak for the POA, but the lounge on the Epic had plenty of tables and chairs.

Silly question. But theirs a studio lounge for 4 people???

yes

That is surprising....It probably is about the size of a standard inside cabin.....

I wonder if it will have any of the amenities of the Studio Lounges on the Epic and Breakawy...doesn't seem like it would be efficient to have them for so limited a potential use.

And I doubt that they would schedule the "Single and Solo Traveler's" nightly get-together in that space.....:confused:

That is surprising....It probably is about the size of a standard inside cabin.....

I wonder if it will have any of the amenities of the Studio Lounges on the Epic and Breakawy...doesn't seem like it would be efficient to have them for so limited a potential use.

And I doubt that they would schedule the "Single and Solo Traveler's" nightly get-together in that space.....:confused:

A friend of mine actually had one booked for our May 2014 sailing –just for the extra bathroom and place for her to sleep (privacy) because it was right across the hall from our suite.. and we thought pushing it to put 5 in the suite (even though it was advertised as sleeping as many as 5 or 6).

As it turned out though, we had a person in our Suite cancel over the summer – decided he couldn’t go – and so that freed up an extra bed in our suite, so she cancelled her solo room ... and I put her on our itinerary.

The impression I got is that the room (cabin) itself was quite small, referred to as a broom closet with a small bed and bathroom (by someone who’d seen on a tour before they were actually booking folks to them).

I don’t think my friend would have been using the lounge because she wasn’t really a ‘solo’ traveler, she was traveling with us – just had her own room. She would have been hanging out most of the time in our suite with us…..maybe that is or ISN'T the case with other solo travelers.

Edited by CactusFlower527

Thank you Laura for getting a note to Erica.this cabin looks a lot like my studio on the epic,even though the dimensions are not the same.I wonder if they have the same funky color changing moodlights,or what type of amenities are offered in the studio lounge?what about this area of the ship,is it keycard access only or open to all?

Thank you Laura for getting a note to Erica.this cabin looks a lot like my studio on the epic,even though the dimensions are not the same.I wonder if they have the same funky color changing moodlights,or what type of amenities are offered in the studio lounge?what about this area of the ship,is it keycard access only or open to all?

The only ones I saw were up on Deck 13 with all of the new suites.... and accessible to all.............