Celebrity Solstice

Currently on board Solstice at Yorky's Knob (Cairns) tenders have had to stop as water a little too rough and they are bobbing up and down like corks. We are currently about 2 hours behind schedule but we are enjoying good food and company while we wait to go ashore. They have now started tendering process after repositioning ship.

Our cruise from Fremantle to our position now has been absolutely magic. The seas have been very calm and our crew are all awesome. Speciality Restaurants are fantastic. We are dining again tonight in Tuscan Grill. Tiramisu is to die for!!!!!!ImageUploadedByForums1425790969.743513.jpg.140bc13bfb6df56b4ac52c634876df37.jpg

Currently on board Solstice at Yorky's Knob (Cairns) tenders have had to stop as water a little too rough and they are bobbing up and down like corks. We are currently about 2 hours behind schedule but we are enjoying good food and company while we wait to go ashore. They have now started tendering process after repositioning ship.

Our cruise from Fremantle to our position now has been absolutely magic. The seas have been very calm and our crew are all awesome. Speciality Restaurants are fantastic. We are dining again tonight in Tuscan Grill. Tiramisu is to die for!!!!!![ATTACH]342517[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting,good to know you are enjoying Solstice.Wishing you calm seas and great times for the rest of your cruise.will definitely have to book Tuscan as Tiramisu is myfavourite dessert.:)

We live in Cairns and own a boat here that we launch from Yorkeys Knob it is always the roughest part of our voyage in and out of the passage from Yorkeys over to the reef near green island Arlington.

I was surprised they go to anchor where it is always so sloppy and terrible for boats and passengers more specifically. Then again I am unsure where else they would anchor.

We are cruising Solstice in Alaska this year so it was great to have a picnic and watch the ship from our home beach with our son he was pretty excited to see what he will sail on.

Currently on board Solstice at Yorky's Knob (Cairns) tenders have had to stop as water a little too rough and they are bobbing up and down like corks. We are currently about 2 hours behind schedule but we are enjoying good food and company while we wait to go ashore. They have now started tendering process after repositioning ship. Our cruise from Fremantle to our position now has been absolutely magic. The seas have been very calm and our crew are all awesome. Speciality Restaurants are fantastic. We are dining again tonight in Tuscan Grill. Tiramisu is to die for!!!!!!

Appreciate your sharing of the fun on the Solstice. As detailed below from a year ago, we had a super great time in Australia, on this ship, etc. Great memories. Yes, loved the Tuscan Grill. See my photo "evidence" as presented below. Great "look" for the Tiramisu. More visuals on the full live/blog.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 102,282 views for this posting.

For dining in Tuscan Grille on the Solstice last January while sailing from Australia to New Zealand, we started with a nice glass of sparkling Italian wine (Prosecco Spumanti). The best is always saved for last . . . a nicely designed and super tasting of this Italian favorite, Tiramisu. I also had some Limoncello to top off the dining delights. Did we like it all? Absolutely!!:

TuscanampBridge14_zps6b5518d2.jpg

We are just cruising into Sydney Harbour after an awesome 17 night top end cruise. Our final night was an enjoyable one dining in the Murano Restaurant. OMG what a magic night. The lobster which is cooked beside your table was sooo delicious and did I mention the dessert so amazing.(a photo below)

Well we have had calm seas warm sunny weather everyday and fantastic crew members to make our cruise top notch. I do hope every one who is cruising in the future enjoys it as much as we have.ImageUploadedByForums1426271547.626755.jpg.91039d5eb06086fab1d2a95bea85719a.jpg

We are just cruising into Sydney Harbour after an awesome 17 night top end cruise. Our final night was an enjoyable one dining in the Murano Restaurant. OMG what a magic night. The lobster which is cooked beside your table was sooo delicious and did I mention the dessert so amazing.(a photo below)

Well we have had calm seas warm sunny weather everyday and fantastic crew members to make our cruise top notch. I do hope every one who is cruising in the future enjoys it as much as we have.[ATTACH]343057[/ATTACH]

Pleased that you enjoyed Solstice and had a wonderful top end cruise. You were lucky to have calm seas and warm sunny weather everyday missing the cyclones.

The forum has been acting up over the past couple of days. That may be why.

I've been having internet problems too, so that might have something, I sent an email the other day that took 4 days to arrive.