American Queen in Pittsburgh

CtheW0rld

We saw her at the Emsworth Lock, her first stop after departing Pittsburgh that evening. So beautiful! We had been there for her inaugural voyage in 1995, and we think she looks even better now.

Word was that only 240 passengers were booked; capacity is 436. I hope the season is successful; she is a great asset.

Our only disappointment was that the calliope was not played, as it used to be in the lock, on all the wonderful riverboats.

We saw her at the Emsworth Lock, her first stop after departing Pittsburgh that evening. So beautiful! We had been there for her inaugural voyage in 1995, and we think she looks even better now.

Word was that only 240 passengers were booked; capacity is 436. I hope the season is successful; she is a great asset.

Our only disappointment was that the calliope was not played, as it used to be in the lock, on all the wonderful riverboats.

I Remember the Emsworth Lock well; I ws raised in Bellevue and lived there until 1960 when I was 20 years old, then we moved to Greensburg. I loved seeing the steamboats and remember the Avalon tied up in Pittsburgh. It's been my dream to journey on a riverboat all these years, and I'm finally going to get to live that dream in a few weeks!

We went to see her at the dock, and then at the Emsworth Locks in the evening, as she started her journey. Beautiful up close, and beautiful heading into the sunset.

A good number of people stopped to see her, and best of all, they played the calliope for us while she was in the lock.

Archived